• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing Books: Pep Comics #30 CGC 8.5 & Catman Comics #20 CGC 9.0

34 posts in this topic

To our Community:

Please be advised that two books have gone missing:

Pep Comics #30 CGC 8.5 cert #1998519001

Catman Comics #20 CGC 9.0 cert #1998519002

I have attached uncertified photos. Obviously it is possible one or both of the books might have been cracked out of their holders.

If you come across a copy of either or both books that could possibly be one of these, please contact either Harshen Patel at hpatel@collectiblesgroup.com or me at Mark@MarkZaid.com.

The best protection our community has comes from within. Thank you!

Mark

3 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

I would second that....what area of the USA should be focused on and were the books lost in transit?

There is no geographical limitation nowadays. It could be anywhere in the US, in fact the world. I had a comic stolen from a DC convention once and it showed up in Detroit.

That said, they went missing in the North East.

1 minute ago, Mark Zaid said:

There is no geographical limitation nowadays. It could be anywhere in the US, in fact the world. I had a comic stolen from a DC convention once and it showed up in Detroit.

if we know what city local LCS can be notified to BOLO

5 minutes ago, Mark Zaid said:

Thanks Mark for the info, I hope the books will be recovered and the person or persons fully brought to justice in this serious theft. The books are not replaceable in those conditions. When and if this matter is resolved I hope the details of what happened are made public on this forum to help educate everybody involved in the risks of true comic book collecting. Will keep my ears to the wall in SoCal....

Edited by Mmehdy

19 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

CGC needs to be a little transparent here. They shipped the books to the wrong address. The person who they were addressed to (not the submitter) denies receiving them. Everyone should be on the lookout for the books because it is possible, though unlikely, that the person now in possession does not know their real value.

Were they shipped to the wrong address or to the wrong person?

Is the recipient a CGC customer? 

Edited by Cliff R.
spelling

4 hours ago, Mark Zaid said:

To our Community:

Please be advised that two books have gone missing:

Pep Comics #30 CGC 8.5 cert #1998519001

Catman Comics #20 CGC 9.0 cert #1998519002

I have attached uncertified photos. Obviously it is possible one or both of the books might have been cracked out of their holders.

If you come across a copy of either or both books that could possibly be one of these, please contact either Harshen Patel at hpatel@collectiblesgroup.com or me at Mark@MarkZaid.com.

The best protection our community has comes from within. Thank you!

Mark

(thumbsuI keep an eye out.

6 minutes ago, Cliff R. said:

Were they shipped to the wrong address or to the wrong person?

Is the recipient a CGC customer? 

From here on I will let CGC respond.

I knew this was going to be interesting as soon as I noticed that this was pinned unlike the other lost comics.  I will keep it in mind at the usual round of shows in the NY if anyone seems to be offering books around the shows. 

Edited by Buzzetta

2 hours ago, Cliff R. said:

It's sad to think that there is a market for rare stolen comics.  Any collector who would buy these is worse than the thief that stole them.

Unless of course, you know, they don't know that they are stolen(shrug) A very, very small population of the overall collector base hangs out on these boards. There is a very good chance that a buyer would not know that they were buying stolen goods.