• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MIGNOLA @ NYC Comic Art Expo 4/28/19

11 posts in this topic

Original Art Fans, Save the Date.

NYC Comic Art Expo: 

Sunday April 28th at Hotel Pennsylvania on west 33rd Street / 7th Avenue. 

Mike Mignola, creator of Hellboy, is the scheduled guest at the show.  If you are a fan, this is a rare opportunity to see Mike in a more intimate setting as compared to the larger super conventions like SDCC or NYCC. 

This show is focused on original comic artwork.  Other artists are expected to be announced soon by the promoters. I will post more details as I find out more.

Nick Katradis and Animated Ink, (that's me :bigsmile:), will be setting up jointly at the show.  We will have original art from all time periods and at different price points.

Nick and I are private collectors.  Last year was our first foray into setting up at a show.  The 1 day show was a blast. We had a great time meeting other original art collectors at the show.  If you couldn't make it last year, make sure you don't miss out this year.

The show is located across the street from Madison Square Garden / Penn Station.

Hotel Pennsylvania

Gold Ballroom

33rd Street / 7th Avenue

Show hours are 10:00am - 5:00pm. 

$20 admission fee.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos

Another Artist Update:

Mark Texeira aka TEX.

The artist is best known for his Marvel Comics work on Sabretooth, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, X-Factor, Black Panther and many more.

This fan favorite always does a great job with his commissions.

:banana:

Artist Update:

Keith Williams has been added to the guest list.  The long time inker for Marvel has worked with just about every artist and on every character over the last 20 years.  Keith is also a talented penciller as well having drawn the Phantom daily comic strip.  

Keith never disappoints his fans with his commissions.  :banana:

:news:

Long time collector and CAF contributor, Jason Versaggi will be joining Nick and I.  :banana:

As you enter the main room where all the dealers and exhibitors are located, we will be "to the left".  In the corner against the wall.  giphy-beyonce-totheleft.gif.2583118cbdb4d683e2cc52a36eb332e5.gif

If you are attending the show, please stop by our tables and introduce yourselves.  We look forward to meeting everyone there.

It's going to be a great show.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos

Kwan

Sorry about your situation. 

Text or email me privately  and I will stop by and relay the message to Ray Lago along with your contact info.  Tell me privately what does he owe you?  Character?  Full figure? Color? Painting? Watercolor? 

I think he used to be my art instructor.   It's been so long, even I can't remember.   Lol.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos

Overall, it was a great show.  We would like to thank everyone for stopping by our tables.  We we're able to catch up with old friends and meet some new ones.

Unfortunately, I was under the weather with allergies and ended leaving early.  I had a great time while I was there.

Cheers!

N.