• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deadly Class on SYFI

30 posts in this topic

Did anybody else watch the premiere tonight ?   I did and thought it was done really really well .   I love Rick Reminder and think the show accurately captured the mythos of the book.   I was in high school in the 80s and Deadly Class really brings me back if you haven’t seen it I highly recommend you checking out the first episode .

24 minutes ago, cbalroman said:

Watched it a couple weeks ago when they put it up on youtube.  I enjoyed it.  Glad they had a kick soundtrack in it.  Looking forward to other episodes.  

Same here. Friends that watched that don't read comics liked it.

8 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Same here. Friends that watched that don't read comics liked it.

I just missed it.  Was shocked that they put on Harry Potter between the 8PM and midnight showings.  

With work and it being an hour long, I couldn't hang from midnight - 1AM that day. 

Hope I can catch it. 

Patrick

I missed it, but am a big fan of the comic (got into it a year ago, caught up on trades, and have been picking up the singles for awhile now). Definitely want to watch it at some point soon - ep1 is no longer available on YouTube right?

15 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

I just missed it.  Was shocked that they put on Harry Potter between the 8PM and midnight showings.  

With work and it being an hour long, I couldn't hang from midnight - 1AM that day. 

Hope I can catch it. 

Patrick

4 minutes ago, CKinTO said:

I missed it, but am a big fan of the comic (got into it a year ago, caught up on trades, and have been picking up the singles for awhile now). Definitely want to watch it at some point soon - ep1 is no longer available on YouTube right?

This is where I watched it. I became aware of this service from a free code for the Venom movie when bought at Walmart. They have other free content as well.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/details/title/1009193?scrollPos=457

1 hour ago, Jackhartmann said:

I thought it was good. Better than the comic. 

I did too. I like Remender, but I could never get into the comics series despite several tries. The soundtrack definitely help set the 80's vibe.

I'm a huge fan of the comic so I was nervous that it might not live up. However, it did more than live up, it was amazing! In fact my wife, who is not a comic fan or even comic tv/movie fan, sat down and enjoyed it too. Can't wait for the next episode.

Finally saw it tonight. 

Much better than I expected.  I still like the comic better. 

The Nazi girl seems like she's going to fit her character very well. 

The casting of Viktor really bugged me.  Should have been much larger.  Hoping future episodes will improve that. 

Wasn't a fan of Billy until the episode was nearly at end.  Seems like he'll also be a good pick.

Rollins?  That was a total surprise. 

I think my biggest concern is that things seem "too clean".  I know, how is that possible when they are in homeless alleys.  But it's like the opening scene where Maria is dancing in the red dress during the festival.  Just too cookie cutter costume that looked like it came right off the clothing rack. 

The Dark Phoenix Saga discussion was too forced, silly, and too early in the series.  

Overall, though the above sounds negative, looking forward to the next episode. 

Patrick 

I watched the first episode a few days ago. It was pretty good. I'll probably watch the full series when it's finished and see if it's edited or not. I know Magicians was edited originally. I don't know if I'll read the comic before then or not.

21 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

I watched the first episode a few days ago. It was pretty good. I'll probably watch the full series when it's finished and see if it's edited or not. I know Magicians was edited originally. I don't know if I'll read the comic before then or not.

Having watched the first four in this series, I don't see them holding anything back.