• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deadly Class on SYFI

30 posts in this topic

Don't know if this has been mentioned or if anyone noticed, but there are two versions of the 1st episode. 

One has a standard running time of 61 minutes with commercials. The other is closer to 72 minutes. 

One notable extra scene has Marcus and Willie on their way to Willie's assigned kill and arguing over which comics are better including commentary about American Flagg and how much Willie loves Claremont/Byrne Dark Phoenix. 

1 hour ago, comix4fun said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned or if anyone noticed, but there are two versions of the 1st episode. 

One has a standard running time of 61 minutes with commercials. The other is closer to 72 minutes. 

One notable extra scene has Marcus and Willie on their way to Willie's assigned kill and arguing over which comics are better including commentary about American Flagg and how much Willie loves Claremont/Byrne Dark Phoenix. 

That comic argument was my least favorite thing about the show. 

Felt really forced.  

Patrick

19 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

That comic argument was my least favorite thing about the show. 

Felt really forced.  

Patrick

It was only about 15 seconds, but was really unexpected. Felt like it was included to show they are still kids even though they are on their way to kill someone. 

I didn't mind it, as stilted as it sounded, because it was a nice shoutout to the books of the era when it's set. 

https://www.cbr.com/deadly-class-happy-canceled-syfy/

So this just happened and I am highly disappointed. I really enjoyed this show. I enjoyed it more than the comic (surprisingly). Th writing and acting were some of the best of a SyFy show and comic adaptation. I hope Netflix or Amazon can pick this up (I doubt Hulu will, since Disney owns most of the stock now). 

Edited by DjMartini

1 hour ago, DjMartini said:

https://www.cbr.com/deadly-class-happy-canceled-syfy/

So this just happened and I am highly disappointed. I really enjoyed this show. I enjoyed it more than the comic (surprisingly). Th writing and acting were some of the best of a SyFy show and comic adaptation. I hope Netflix or Amazon can pick this up (I doubt Hulu will, since Disney owns most of the stock now). 

That sucks. Loved the show and was excited to see where it went. Still on of my favourite monthly comics

I got a good feeling this series is headed to Netflix and it may be the best thing that happened to prices on the comic and the longevity of the television series.  :wishluck: Then again, maybe I'm in denial. lol  Either way, I thought this series was as good as Umbrella Academy and Titans.  It was on the short list for best comic to tv adaptation in my opinion.  

3 hours ago, Nico Esq said:

I got a good feeling this series is headed to Netflix and it may be the best thing that happened to prices on the comic and the longevity of the television series.  :wishluck: Then again, maybe I'm in denial. lol  Either way, I thought this series was as good as Umbrella Academy and Titans.  It was on the short list for best comic to tv adaptation in my opinion.  

Netflix wont nab it. The show is doa.