Ho Boy... "LAST FF52 Signed by Stan Lee!" *deep breath*
0

25 posts in this topic

12,038 posts

Is this seriously what we're gonna be dealing with? 

How does he know this "fact"? I assume that it can be corroborated that he didnt do any other witnessed signings after this, and I guess if the SS census only went up by 1 after he got his book back he could reasonably assume it was his, and his was the last.. but geeze... 

FF52.png.1717965758b93f5b3e098151d3ab725c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,038 posts

"CGC reps say it could take months to have all of the info on the last signings, down on paper." 

Seriously is CGC really doing this? Documenting the last signings by Stan? Didn't we squeeze all of the life out of him we could? Is there some other way we can monetize him? 

If they're really doing all this I'll be disappointed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,450 posts

It was signed on November 10th, but didn't reach the CGC census until this week. That book showed up on the CGC Census between the January 8th and January 15th updates, so it's safe to say that the total number of CGC Stan Lee signatures is not settled yet (or it just got settled as of January 15th).

 

Edited by valiantman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,402 posts
5 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

"CGC reps say it could take months to have all of the info on the last signings, down on paper." 

Seriously is CGC really doing this? Documenting the last signings by Stan? Didn't we squeeze all of the life out of him we could? Is there some other way we can monetize him? 

If they're really doing all this I'll be disappointed. 

Hey, somebody already made a signature series out of his BLOOD. I won't be satisfied until I can snort his ashes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,038 posts
3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

It was signed on November 10th, but didn't reach the CGC census until this week. That book showed up on the CGC Census between the January 8th and January 15th updates, so it's safe to say that the total number of CGC Stan Lee signatures is not settled yet (or it just got settled as of January 15th).

 

they're hanging their hat on some statement (supposedly by CGC) that Stan only signed 10-15 items that day... 

Edited by miraclemet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51,124 posts

WHY didnt someone shove a book under his hand when he was gasping his last breath??  :pullhair:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34,822 posts

Looks like it is finally time to slab that fecal matter of Stan's that I have been saving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,197 posts
3 hours ago, miraclemet said:

"CGC reps say it could take months to have all of the info on the last signings, down on paper." 

Seriously is CGC really doing this? Documenting the last signings by Stan? Didn't we squeeze all of the life out of him we could? Is there some other way we can monetize him? 

If they're really doing all this I'll be disappointed. 

Forget 'Weekend at Bernie's' … how about 'Weekend at Stan's' ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29,916 posts
1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

Looks like it is finally time to slab that fecal matter of Stan's that I have been saving.

diaper I mean PM sent :wishluck:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,759 posts
3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Hey, somebody already made a signature series out of his BLOOD. I won't be satisfied until I can snort his ashes.

In all fairness , didn’t marvel put out a Kiss comic made out of their blood? Marvel and Stan would do anything for a buck. I didn’t think it would get crazy with his sigsvonce he died. 

Another opertunity lost, bro  story of my life   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,310 posts

I couldn't care less about someone's 'first' or 'last' book signed.

If some dunce wants to pay extra for it, then all the power to the seller. I won't pay more for it, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,402 posts
13 hours ago, NoMan said:

In all fairness , didn’t marvel put out a Kiss comic made out of their blood? Marvel and Stan would do anything for a buck. I didn’t think it would get crazy with his sigsvonce he died. 

Another opertunity lost, bro  story of my life   

 

Yeah, and Mark Gruenwald's ashes were mixed into the ink of the first Squadron Supreme tpb. The difference is, those were Mark's wishes, and KISS were also involved in their blood ink decision as well.

Stan had a bunch of ghoulish handlers eager to pimp him out for every penny they could scrounge. I doubt he even knew what was going on the last few months, if not years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,708 posts
23 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Yeah, and Mark Gruenwald's ashes were mixed into the ink of the first Squadron Supreme tpb. The difference is, those were Mark's wishes, and KISS were also involved in their blood ink decision as well.

Stan had a bunch of ghoulish handlers eager to pimp him out for every penny they could scrounge. I doubt he even knew what was going on the last few months, if not years.

Sadly it's been well established that he was taken advantage of in his latter years.  I wonder where the rest of his family was during all this?  I know he has a daughter; not sure about anyone else...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,310 posts
1 minute ago, Columbia Comics said:

Sadly it's been well established that he was taken advantage of in his latter years.  I wonder where the rest of his family was during all this?  I know he has a daughter; not sure about anyone else...

Stan, himself, denied these allegations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0