• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ho Boy... "LAST FF52 Signed by Stan Lee!" *deep breath*

25 posts in this topic

Is this seriously what we're gonna be dealing with? 

How does he know this "fact"? I assume that it can be corroborated that he didnt do any other witnessed signings after this, and I guess if the SS census only went up by 1 after he got his book back he could reasonably assume it was his, and his was the last.. but geeze... 

FF52.png.1717965758b93f5b3e098151d3ab725c.png

"CGC reps say it could take months to have all of the info on the last signings, down on paper." 

Seriously is CGC really doing this? Documenting the last signings by Stan? Didn't we squeeze all of the life out of him we could? Is there some other way we can monetize him? 

If they're really doing all this I'll be disappointed. 

It was signed on November 10th, but didn't reach the CGC census until this week. That book showed up on the CGC Census between the January 8th and January 15th updates, so it's safe to say that the total number of CGC Stan Lee signatures is not settled yet (or it just got settled as of January 15th).

Edited by valiantman

5 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

"CGC reps say it could take months to have all of the info on the last signings, down on paper." 

Seriously is CGC really doing this? Documenting the last signings by Stan? Didn't we squeeze all of the life out of him we could? Is there some other way we can monetize him? 

Hey, somebody already made a signature series out of his BLOOD. I won't be satisfied until I can snort his ashes.

3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

It was signed on November 10th, but didn't reach the CGC census until this week. That book showed up on the CGC Census between the January 8th and January 15th updates, so it's safe to say that the total number of CGC Stan Lee signatures is not settled yet (or it just got settled as of January 15th).

they're hanging their hat on some statement (supposedly by CGC) that Stan only signed 10-15 items that day... 

Edited by miraclemet

Looks like it is finally time to slab that fecal matter of Stan's that I have been saving.

3 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Forget 'Weekend at Bernie's' … how about 'Weekend at Stan's' ?

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Hey, somebody already made a signature series out of his BLOOD. I won't be satisfied until I can snort his ashes.

In all fairness , didn’t marvel put out a Kiss comic made out of their blood? Marvel and Stan would do anything for a buck. I didn’t think it would get crazy with his sigsvonce he died. 

Another opertunity lost, bro  story of my life   

13 hours ago, NoMan said:

In all fairness , didn’t marvel put out a Kiss comic made out of their blood? Marvel and Stan would do anything for a buck. I didn’t think it would get crazy with his sigsvonce he died. 

Another opertunity lost, bro  story of my life   

Yeah, and Mark Gruenwald's ashes were mixed into the ink of the first Squadron Supreme tpb. The difference is, those were Mark's wishes, and KISS were also involved in their blood ink decision as well.

Stan had a bunch of ghoulish handlers eager to pimp him out for every penny they could scrounge. I doubt he even knew what was going on the last few months, if not years.

23 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Yeah, and Mark Gruenwald's ashes were mixed into the ink of the first Squadron Supreme tpb. The difference is, those were Mark's wishes, and KISS were also involved in their blood ink decision as well.

Stan had a bunch of ghoulish handlers eager to pimp him out for every penny they could scrounge. I doubt he even knew what was going on the last few months, if not years.

Sadly it's been well established that he was taken advantage of in his latter years.  I wonder where the rest of his family was during all this?  I know he has a daughter; not sure about anyone else...

1 minute ago, Columbia Comics said:

Sadly it's been well established that he was taken advantage of in his latter years.  I wonder where the rest of his family was during all this?  I know he has a daughter; not sure about anyone else...

Stan, himself, denied these allegations.