• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best brick & mortar GA comic book shop you’ve encountered
1 1

20 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, domuhnator said:

Really for GA? What sort of books. Most shops I go to never have GA.

Last time I was there the basement was full ( it’s a 4 story building full of comic related items ) of slabbed GA books. I remember a lot of Timelys.  

1 hour ago, domuhnator said:

I've bought a few items from them before through their Ebay store.  Lots of listings and good service.  All BINs, I believe.  Here's a link

http://www.ebaystores.com/Eides-Entertainment-Comics/Golden-Age-1938-1955-/_i.html?_fsub=4560744015&_sid=5686305&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

On 1/18/2019 at 7:56 AM, domuhnator said:

Almost always the case for me as well.  Actually got lucky last week and came across a small stash at a shop's dollar bin of early 50's little lulus.  Hey, I take what I can get sometimes :)

Are there any decent shops in Seattle that anyone knows of?  

Edited by waaaghboss

3 hours ago, waaaghboss said:

Almost always the case for me as well.  Actually got lucky last week and came across a small stash at a shop's dollar bin of early 50's little lulus.  Hey, I take what I can get sometimes :)

Are there any decent shops in Seattle that anyone knows of?  

Comics Dungeon is probably the best store for GA in the Seattle area right now that I know of.  I don't often get up there, but I see them at Emerald City and Jet City every year, and they have at least some stuff.

Seattle has never really been a great location for GA books, other than perhaps Dells.  I don't think the distribution was great up here back in the day; some stores have a box or three but it's been hit or miss all my life.  O'Leary's was the best, but even then it was relative rather than absolute, perhaps.

yeh, Richard's back issue inventory is extraordinary deep, strong, and most important, accessible.  Raw and boxes and boxes of slabs.  I think he brings more slabs than anybody else to shows as well, I'm talking in addition to the wall.

Buddy Saunders has more stock than anybody, but you can't just stroll into the warehouse and start pulling boxes.  Set up an appointment with Mr. Bedrock and boom.

2 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

yeh, Richard's back issue inventory is extraordinary deep, strong, and most important, accessible.  Raw and boxes and boxes of slabs.  I think he brings more slabs than anybody else to shows as well, I'm talking in addition to the wall.

Buddy Saunders has more stock than anybody, but you can't just stroll into the warehouse and start pulling boxes.  Set up an appointment with Mr. Bedrock and boom.

Mr. B, deep, strong, accessible...

16 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Comics Dungeon is probably the best store for GA in the Seattle area right now that I know of.  I don't often get up there, but I see them at Emerald City and Jet City every year, and they have at least some stuff.

Seattle has never really been a great location for GA books, other than perhaps Dells.  I don't think the distribution was great up here back in the day; some stores have a box or three but it's been hit or miss all my life.  O'Leary's was the best, but even then it was relative rather than absolute, perhaps.

Thanks for the response.  Browsing their website, can't see really what they  have, but it looks like a sale will be coming up in a few months!

• All Golden/Silver/Bronze Age and Wall comics: 25% off!

I might have to get over on that side of the mountains :)