• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

advice

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

I purchased a AF-15 3years ago from Heritage auction. It was a 3.0SA with a little color touch listed on the cover. 

I recently sent it back to HA to resell, I was told it might be a 2.5 or a 2.0 blue label. after about 2 months I received a call 

telling me the color touch was removed but the grader detected trimmed. Is this possible to have a grader miss trimmed

the 1st time it was graded?. It came back a 3.5SA because the page quality. I will post pictures of the book, any insight is appreciated.  

53AB152D-096F-425E-82A8-349687985C01.jpeg.f3747e4c57e70d89a20a9e488437c634.jpg

back.jpg

2 hours ago, BIZZARRO said:

Hello everyone, 

I purchased a AF-15 3years ago from Heritage auction. It was a 3.0SA with a little color touch listed on the cover. 

I recently sent it back to HA to resell, I was told it might be a 2.5 or a 2.0 blue label. after about 2 months I received a call 

telling me the color touch was removed but the grader detected trimmed. Is this possible to have a grader miss trimmed

the 1st time it was graded?. It came back a 3.5SA because the page quality. I will post pictures of the book, any insight is appreciated.  

53AB152D-096F-425E-82A8-349687985C01.jpeg.f3747e4c57e70d89a20a9e488437c634.jpg

back.jpg

Call CGC.  Not trying to be a , but that's what you need to do.  

I'm not completely understanding the details here. Who sent the book back to CGC ? Did CGC do the resto removal ? If CGC did not receive this book in the slab, there is no liability on their part. This has happened before, where a blue label has come back trimmed Purple. Harshen actually came on here to say they only accept responsibility if they get the book in the slab = no one else has touched it. CGC has a lot more resto expertise in house these days with both Matt and Chris Friessen. This is unfortunate but not shocking. 

4 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I'm not completely understanding the details here. Who sent the book back to CGC ? Did CGC do the resto removal ? If CGC did not receive this book in the slab, there is no liability on their part. This has happened before, where a blue label has come back trimmed Purple. Harshen actually came on here to say they only accept responsibility if they get the book in the slab = no one else has touched it. CGC has a lot more resto expertise in house these days with both Matt and Chris Friessen. This is unfortunate but not shocking. 

I purchased the book in an online auction from Heritage auction 3 years ago slabbed 3.0SA small color touch to cover in graders notes. I held the book then decided to resell through HA, 

The staff at HA thought it might be worth it to have the color touch removed so I let them send it to cgc for resto removal...This was around December. Now I received a call from HA saying

CGC removed the color touch but picked up that the book was trimmed and they missed that detail when the book was originally graded and slabbed prior to me winning it at auction.

When I won it, It was slabbed. I received it and stored it since taking it out only to admire it from time to time. Is this a better description on what happened?

11 hours ago, BIZZARRO said:

I purchased the book in an online auction from Heritage auction 3 years ago slabbed 3.0SA small color touch to cover in graders notes. I held the book then decided to resell through HA, 

The staff at HA thought it might be worth it to have the color touch removed so I let them send it to cgc for resto removal...This was around December. Now I received a call from HA saying

CGC removed the color touch but picked up that the book was trimmed and they missed that detail when the book was originally graded and slabbed prior to me winning it at auction.

When I won it, It was slabbed. I received it and stored it since taking it out only to admire it from time to time. Is this a better description on what happened?

Yes, I think you need to find out if HA sent it to CGC in the slab. This is important. If CGC received it in the slab, there may be some liability on their part for missing it the first time around. In any case, I would lean on HA to make things right for you. You paid your 20% Buyer's premium. Time to get some customer service back from them. A trimmed book is much less desirable than a Color touched book.