PGM Torchy #3
1 1

14 posts in this topic

2,572 posts

Any help is much appreciated. Paper is cream/ow. 

Also can someone give the guy on the back cover a hi-five through their computer screen? :D

Torchy3a.jpg

Torchy3b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,733 posts

I'm at 7.0/7.5 with this. Nice tight book by the looks of things.  Hi-5 to you for this(thumbsu

Edited by Gnasher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,555 posts
7 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I'm at 7.0/7.5 with this. Nice tight book by the looks of things.  Hi-5 to you for this(thumbsu

(thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
946 posts

Nice book! I would grade it 7.0 due to the slight tear around the top staple, but it may grade a bit higher if the stars are aligned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,212 posts

Also with what looks like a long crease lower back cover corner I wouldn't be surprised if it was lower. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,545 posts

6.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,555 posts
16 hours ago, The-Collector said:

Also with what looks like a long crease lower back cover corner I wouldn't be surprised if it was lower. 

Huh, you might be right. I thought that was a production wrinkle in the paper but now I'm not so sure. There's also a welt or scuff on the FC dead center in the red car area which I didn't notice.

I'd probably go 6.5 at second glance. But really nice for the grade.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,212 posts
8 hours ago, Point Five said:

Huh, you might be right. I thought that was a production wrinkle in the paper but now I'm not so sure. There's also a welt or scuff on the FC dead center in the red car area which I didn't notice.

I'd probably go 6.5 at second glance. But really nice for the grade.

 

Good point. I had not considered a production wrinkle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,572 posts
9 hours ago, Point Five said:

Huh, you might be right. I thought that was a production wrinkle in the paper but now I'm not so sure. There's also a welt or scuff on the FC dead center in the red car area which I didn't notice.

I'd probably go 6.5 at second glance. But really nice for the grade.

 

 

1 hour ago, The-Collector said:

Good point. I had not considered a production wrinkle. 

Yeah, it's interesting actually...... That crease you see in the back cover is still flat paper, and the crease doesn't extend to the left edge. Does this book/series have a history of production creases? 

Edited by Phill the Governor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1