• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atomic Sci-Fi & Fantasy- Ray Guns, Rockets, Aliens & Space Babes
8 8

357 posts in this topic

A thread like this may exist (many are similar and I’m sure I have Been involved in a space babe thread before) but I wanted to start a new thread just dedicated to this topic. 

My collecting interest keeps coming back to this genre as my primary interest. I can dabble in PCH, Marvels, jungle books, Timely and DC heroes but this is my favorite stuff. 

Let’s have some great covers here. Let’s show some splashes, pulps, movie posters and tv shows from this era. Share some of the cool or really out there stories you’ve read and where we can read them. 

Nobodies really keeping score so if you are sharing something from before 1945 that’s fine.  

I grew up in the 70’s watching Saturday afternoon movies from the 50’s and early 60’s that showed the ideas of what future would lie ahead.  They got it wrong most all the time but it was campy and sometimes scary fun nonetheless.  

I read this article and it made me think about my feelings about this fun genre that really speaks to a time and place in our country. 

http://www.rathcoombe.net/sci-fi/atom_age.html