• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ginger 4 is the new Archie 50
3 3

134 posts in this topic

People who scroll through auctions in search of books below market value go to GPA for advice. They see current avg and last sale and try to snag it under that amount. What they don’t know is the market for each and every book and how that is translated in to GPA. Again the Marvel Chipping. There are also cases of books with bar codes like BA12 that would not be reflected in GPA averages. The black WD1 mature label sells higher than the white but again GPA fails to report the differences. Trust me if you have beautiful AF15 and the identical grade just sold, buyers would be telling you what GPA is for your white pager with the clean right edge. 

40 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

People who scroll through auctions in search of books below market value go to GPA for advice. They see current avg and last sale and try to snag it under that amount. What they don’t know is the market for each and every book and how that is translated in to GPA. Again the Marvel Chipping. There are also cases of books with bar codes like BA12 that would not be reflected in GPA averages. The black WD1 mature label sells higher than the white but again GPA fails to report the differences. Trust me if you have beautiful AF15 and the identical grade just sold, buyers would be telling you what GPA is for your white pager with the clean right edge. 

This is absolutely correct.  I prefer gocollect over gpa for this reason, although the ComicLink links don’t stay available for very long.  

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

Another raw Ginger 4 in the 4.0 range just sold again on ebay for $1225.  :whatthe:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GINGER-4-1952-GOLDEN-AGE-COMIC-CLASSIC-GOOD-GIRL-ART-/352578085473?hash=item52174aa261%3Ag%3AX7kAAOSwA3xcS2qd&nma=true&si=7Of3YrKbiddYF0ZB9wXRy1gzNWw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Also a 2.0-2.5 range Ginger 4 just sold for $500

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ginger-4-Archie-Comics-1952-GGA-/264164423291?hash=item3d816d367b%3Ag%3AYa4AAOSwo6NcS9Mw&nma=true&si=7Of3YrKbiddYF0ZB9wXRy1gzNWw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

These sale prices seem to be higher than what Archie 50s go for.  What's up with this?  Which one of you boardies is hoarding these?  I have a few but can't win any of these anymore cuz the prices are too high.

Even a 3.0-4.0 Ginger 7 just sold for $220 a couple days ago.

This series is on fire.

Edited by gadzukes

17 hours ago, gadzukes said:

These sale prices seem to be higher than what Archie 50s go for.  What's up with this?  Which one of you boardies is hoarding these?  I have a few but can't win any of these anymore cuz the prices are too high.

Don't look at me, I only collect the blondes (:

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

Just bought this Australian Archie.

Once again they switched out one girl for another as Ginger gets switched out for Veronica.

A No-Prize for anyone who can spot the definite mistake on the Australian cover.  It's pretty obvious but you might miss it.

45 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Wrong high school, of course!

20 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Yup! You win.  Also, check out the spelling of "Favorite".  Does that mean Jughead is speaking with an Aussie accent?

Looks like the mistake is on both covers, no?

On 2/8/2019 at 1:50 PM, Patriot6 said:

Some might say the US edition is the anomaly

Could we have kippers for breakfast?  Mummy dear, Mummy dear.