• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ginger 4 is the new Archie 50
3 3

134 posts in this topic

Apparently Veronica got into Gingers closet and stole her dress (and her pose).

This B&V Annual came out 4 years after Ginger 4

They reversed the image and slight foreshortened the pose to make it fit on the cover better, but that's Gingers body, dress, smile, bracelets, high heels, and even finger poses.

They even put Ginger's perfume bottles in the back ground.

a1.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

Apparently Veronica got into Gingers closet and stole her dress (and her pose).

This B&V Annual came out 4 years after Ginger 4

They reversed the image and slight foreshortened the pose to make it fit on the cover better, but that's Gingers body, dress, smile, bracelets, high heels, and even finger poses.

They even put Ginger's perfume bottles in the back ground.

a1.jpg

I never noticed how similar those look.  So now B&V Annual #4 is the new Ginger #4xD

On 1/26/2019 at 7:32 PM, Junkdrawer said:
On 1/26/2019 at 4:29 PM, ThothAmon said:

Not sure I understand your point?  Given what else you’ve written it could  mean high grade Archie 50’s are undervalued and still have room to grow!

In a roundabout way, that’s where I was going. Archie 50 in comparison...in high grade (8.0 or better) with its demand, should be on equal terms price wise. Not half. 

On 1/26/2019 at 7:56 PM, gadzukes said:

I think it's going to be catching up.  Demand seems to be way higher than supply.  Although I still can't figure out how Rick got that 7.5 for $3720

+1 

Yes, it's just a matter of being patient.  :taptaptap:

After all, the Archie 50 has just become popular and hot over the past few years, while books like PL 17 and Brenda Starr 14 have been in demand as far back as the late 70's when they were part of the first wave of highly sought after GGA cover books.  An even newer inductee into the hot GGA cover books appears to be Seven Seas 4, especially when a CGC 8.5 graded copy was able to fetch close to $15K in a Heritage Auction back in the beginning of 2017.  :whatthe:

You are definitely going to have to dig deep into your pocket if you want to snag one of these recently hot GGA cover books like a Cindy 37 or an Archie 50.  The only way you are going to get ahead of the curve now is to take a flyer and go after some of the prospective GGA cover books which are now bubbling under the surface and have the potential to break out in a big way going forward.  hm

On 1/27/2019 at 2:59 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

I had the Mile High Junie Prom and sold it to a great boardie here and have been reminding him I want it back ever since. 

Looks like you got a steal of a deal since the Heritage archives indicated that it sold for only $179.25 back in 2006:  (thumbsu

Golden Age (1938-1955):Humor, Junie Prom Comics #5 Mile High pedigree (Dearfield, 1949)Condition: NM. Overstreet 2006 NM- 9.2 value = $55. From theJoh...

I guess the consignor thought it wasn't worth slabbing at the time since Heritage sold it as a raw NM- copy, with an Overstreet top of guide valuation of only $55 at the time. :takeit:

Needless to say, definitely worth a whole ton more than that in today's ultra hot GGA marketplace.  

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/7/2019 at 11:09 AM, gadzukes said:

A nice Ginger 4 CGC 5.0 is up on ebay for $2000 OBO

(:gossip: a boardie is selling it so you might be able to get a slightly better deal over here.)

Only 2 have been graded higher.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ginger-4-Archie-CGC-5-0-White-Pages-1952/192848527803?hash=item2ce6ab01bb:g:MR0AAOSwuaBcgB2h

Thanks for the heads up.

I couldn't resist... I jumped on it.

Looked too nice for the grade (plus WHITE pages :) )

21 minutes ago, jabats said:

Thanks for the heads up.

I couldn't resist... I jumped on it.

Looked too nice for the grade (plus WHITE pages :) )

Congrats on the pickup. :applause:

Hopefully, you was able to pick it up at your best offer instead of at his full asking price.  :wishluck:

Edited by lou_fine