• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rob Liefelds new comic
1 1

69 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Cover for #2 isn't any better. In fact, it may be worse.

P1b6Sjgl.jpg

Funny that they brought in a super talented artist for the variant, Noto.

Whooo boy. That's just unfortunate. Rob was bad enough in his prime. Now he can't even draw that badly that well. 

In fact, he actually used to draw a pretty person_without_enough_empathyin' Wolvie. This was my introduction to Rob's work, and at the time, I loved it. Popped right off the shelf at me. Even as a kid I noticed some occasional anatomy issues, but it was solid and exciting storytelling.

What_If_Vol_2_7.jpg

17 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Whooo boy. That's just unfortunate. Rob was bad enough in his prime. Now he can't even draw that badly that well. 

In fact, he actually used to draw a pretty person_without_enough_empathyin' Wolvie. This was my introduction to Rob's work, and at the time, I loved it. Popped right off the shelf at me. Even as a kid I noticed some occasional anatomy issues, but it was solid and exciting storytelling.

Yea, that one isn't bad. Has more of a Jim Lee feel to it, IMO.

20 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Ahhhh what's going on with his neck? It's on his left shoulder. Granted, it's not as terrible as his other stuff, but that bar is lower than a limbo stick on an ant farm.

No idea how this guy gets work that isn't self published. 

29 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

It's amazing what Scott Williams' inks will do for someone's art...

9 minutes ago, Avi said:

Bad art aside,

1) does anyone think this will be a good story?

2) Will the die hard fans buy this up and take it to a second printing?

It will "sell out" at Diamond and Marvel will do a 2nd print. Still be plenty of 1st prints on shelves though. My guess.

32 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

Thanks!  Someday, I'll find my photocopy of the original pencils and post it next to my inks.

Scott

Should have known, @stinkininkinonce again saving the day with his awesome inks! 

This whole thing screams 'generic!' to me. I don't know, I WANT to like what the X-Office is doing at the moment, but it's just so subpar. 

51 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

This whole thing screams 'generic!' to me. I don't know, I WANT to like what the X-Office is doing at the moment, but it's just so subpar. 

lol, generic is even better than this. generic would at least guarantee that Cable isn't a human square and that Wolverine's sleeves aren't sown into his biceps, haha.

I used to think Liefeld's art was okay-ish to say the very least but I honestly didn't expect it to decline in quality. If anything I was expecting it to go up ???

Edited by Skylath

59 minutes ago, Skylath said:

lol, generic is even better than this. generic would at least guarantee that Cable isn't a human square and that Wolverine's sleeves aren't sown into his biceps, haha.

I used to think Liefeld's art was okay-ish to say the very least but I honestly didn't expect it to decline in quality. If anything I was expecting it to go up ???

I think Wolverine's sleeves are the #1 thing that bothers me. I can't even look at issue #2 without staring at his freaking bicep/sleeve.

^especially remembering the way the 2013-15 X-Men and Spider-Man flagship titles' pages were drawn I'm expecting the interior pages will be worse than the normal Marvel chicken scratch being put out there.

On 1/22/2019 at 1:14 PM, ygogolak said:

Cover for #2 isn't any better. In fact, it may be worse.

P1b6Sjgl.jpg

Funny that they brought in a super talented artist for the variant, Noto.

onVhXWjl.jpg

In 25 years these will be selling for beaucoup bitcoin . . . :grin:

17 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

This whole thing screams 

Yup.

As with the cover for the first issue, there's more often than not some character shouting.

Apparently, Wolverine's healing factor does not work on mouth cancer. All those years of chewing tobacco and cigar chomping have caught up to him and he had a chunk of his mouth removed.

With that said, Liefield's feet look better.

As for whether this is terrible, I don't think it is fair to hold him to such a high standard. He's just as not terrible, but not very good, as a lot of folks drawing comics for the Big 2 or 3.