• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The most affordable key comic book?
5 5

521 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Schmakt said:

still holding onto that Rai 0 CGC 10? :-p

16 years this week, in fact.  I bought it January 26, 2003.  That's a Post-Unity Valiant, though, so it's basically worthless.  Who cares if Vin Diesel is playing Bloodshot, that'll be a flop, right? I'll just hang onto that book to keep from burdening anyone else with drek. (:

Edited by valiantman

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

16 years this week, in fact.  I bought it January 26, 2003.  That's a Post-Unity Valiant, though, so it's basically worthless.  Who cares if Vin Diesel is playing Bloodshot, that'll be a flop, right? I'll just hang onto that book to keep from burdening anyone else with drek. (:

oh, nice!  That is, to my knowledge, the first post of mine to which you ever responded... wondering who owned it!  Although that might have been over on the old Valiant boards many many years ago. (although less than 16)  Glad to know it's in good hands!

If Vin, as Bloodshot, says, "I am Groot," he is my hero forever.

I didn't want to sift through the all of the mega-superhero Damian Wayne discussion...did anyone mention Thor #165. Once Warlock becomes a staple in the MCU Cosmic movie universe, this one will do what FF #52 did...although it's been slowly increasing for a few years now. I also like Superboy #68 to blow up if Bizarro ever makes a movie debut.

9 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

100% agree.

"Key" does not mean "old and expensive". Spawn #1 is the first appearance of Spawn (the biggest non-Marvel/DC character IMO), first issue for the title character, etc. It printed and sold a lot. Just because it's affordable does not make it any less important.

Do you think Spawn is bigger than TMNT?

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

they should have just been truthful and called him Woodrek

:pullhair:

6 hours ago, kav said:

just wait till woodgod in avengers movie.  i'll have the last laff.

It's easy to mock.

My equivalent would be Ambush Bug 1 and Cheeks, The Toy Wonder.  Once a TV or film rumour appears, watch the book explode in price.  I'm expecting at least an Animated Series. 

I can't move for boxes of this issue in my room at the local insane asylum.

2 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

I'm still in shock at the price of Fantastic Four #20 given the first appearance of Molecule Man *faints* :O 

Underrated, and one of my favourite characters.

35 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Underrated, and one of my favourite characters.

15 minutes ago, kav said:

Likewise FF #19 first rama tut aka KANG

Another good one is Fantastic Four #46, which has gone down because of the failed TV show, but easily affordable: which I may or may not get lol

12 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Another good one is Fantastic Four #46, which has gone down because of the failed TV show, but easily affordable: which I may or may not get lol

with a show that bad the value of FF 46 should have plummeted lol 

Just now, Bart Allen said:

Well its still pretty affordable even at the VF mark lol

after that show it should have become dollar box drek

8 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

True haha but it should keep on going down I believe ~

-after that show all copies should of been burned-

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!

18 hours ago, AGGIEZ said:

I didn't want to sift through the all of the mega-superhero Damian Wayne discussion...did anyone mention Thor #165. Once Warlock becomes a staple in the MCU Cosmic movie universe, this one will do what FF #52 did...although it's been slowly increasing for a few years now. I also like Superboy #68 to blow up if Bizarro ever makes a movie debut.

Adam Warlock is a weird one as his 'firsts' are spread out over so many issues. I personally like FF 67 better as it's not just a 'hero vs hero' fight and is all about Him though he doesn't physically appear.