• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The most affordable key comic book?
5 5

521 posts in this topic

On 2/26/2019 at 4:56 PM, Beige said:

No just the main 5

https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/8/26135/true-unofficial-first-appearance-of-justice-league-dark 

Seems a lot of people are shifting to this ( not saying you are right or wrong) This is CGC's labelling of Swamp Thing #49

John Constantine, Deadman, Demon,
Phantom Stranger & Spectre appearance

I agree Madame Xanadu may be the fly in the ointment!

I love swampy 49 and 50, but annual 2 was first. If subby 34 is considered key to the first defenders, same thing here

Edited by shiverbones

Strange Tales 101 and 135 

Epic Magazine 1

For really small ‘keys’ that I’ve pulled out of 50 cent boxes recently, FF 232 ( first Byrne ) and X-factor 41 (  Art Adams art and 1st Alchemy ).  Calling them keys is a stretch, but I feel like they should at least graduate to the $2 boxes.

Just now, Hamlet said:

Strange Tales 101 and 135 

Epic Magazine 1

For really small ‘keys’ that I’ve pulled out of 50 cent boxes recently, FF 232 ( first Byrne ) and X-factor 41 (  Art Adams art and 1st Alchemy ).  Calling them keys is a stretch, but I feel like they should at least graduate to the $2 boxes.

Also, Impact #1 for an earlier book.  You can snag a VGish copy for $50, and it is well worth it.  I’ve ended up with three copies.  Ordinarily I would sell duplicates, but it is way cooler than most any other $50 book out there.

Just now, Xenosmilus said:

It's the origin of Venom technically.  I would consider it a Key but to each his own.

I guess my issue with it is we already knew where it came from, sw8 came out and showed it, but I think the impact and controversy hit with 252. I think 258 is more important too because there we learn it is actually a living entity.

i don’t dislike sw8, I just think it Is over rated as a key.

12 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:
12 hours ago, shiverbones said:

I don’t consider sw8 a key, which is why I mentioned asm252. 

It's the origin of Venom technically.  I would consider it a Key but to each his own.

I agree, but it isn't in continuity and I think that may hold it back a bit.   Also, it is a quite dumb sequence on how he got the costume/entity

Edited by Spidey 62

12 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Not technically or otherwise. The book includes the (very brief) story of how Spider-Man acquired the black costume. That's all.

6 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Not technically or otherwise. The book includes the (very brief) story of how Spider-Man acquired the black costume. That's all.

Agreed, Venom isn't Venom until the symbiote merged with Eddie Brock