• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The most affordable key comic book?
5 5

521 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Isn’t strange tales 110 first nightmare?

Whoops... Yes, thanks for the correction. I was looking at 48th Overstreet and Nightmare wasn't mentioned until Doc Strange 170 as far as I could see.... I guess he will be highlighted now that he's in Disney's MCU.

Digging a bit deeper, looks like Nightmare has had three appearances before Doctor Strange 170.... so 1st appearance in Doctor Strange tilte... I guess that's a thing... maybe?

1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

Green Lantern #7 - 1st Sinestro

Green Lantern #201 1st Kilowog!

:headbang:

#7 - great shout.

Not sure any character called Kilowog will ever make the movie screen - plus there are literally hundreds of thousands of copies out there.

But GL #7 is a really good call.

TTA #52 for me.

22 minutes ago, Beige said:

#7 - great shout.

Not sure any character called Kilowog will ever make the movie screen - plus there are literally hundreds of thousands of copies out there.

But GL #7 is a really good call.

TTA #52 for me.

And Kilowog will be the star of the new GL Corps series.

There may be tons of copies of #201 available but there are only 84 graded CGC 9.8: I have one for sale on MCS - go buy it! :acclaim:

14 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I agree, even showcase 22 is undervalued. All the Green Lantern keys will catch up with the other DC franchises {once} IF a good movie is finally made

FTFY.  It doesn't seem that difficult to put a good hero movie together, but these people continue to screw it up. 

Edited by Spidey 62

On 1/19/2020 at 11:30 PM, MustEatBrains said:

What's your definition of affordable, and what era are you looking at?

Well that's an interesting question haha, I meant more so of undervalued key issues regardless of era :3

On 8/2/2019 at 9:22 PM, oakman29 said:

Warrior #1 U.K. - 1st Miracle Man, 1st V for Vendetta 

The Crow #1-4 Caliber

Men in Black #1-3 Aircel

I will also add to my list.

San Diego Comic Con comics #2- 1st Hellboy

Next Men #21 - Hellboy

On 1/22/2019 at 2:37 AM, Bart Allen said:

Not sure about DC Comics which I'm rather curious about (whether it be a Showcase issue)

Adventure Comics #260, the First Appearance of the Silver Age Aquaman. For a huge character like Aquaman, in a book that should be on par w/ Showcase 22 or at least Showcase 30 (the book that is often mistaken as said key), its price is ridiculous. You can pick up a low grade copy for around $50-70, and a mid grade for about $100-150. 

On 2/3/2020 at 2:44 PM, HuddyBee said:

Adventure Comics #260, the First Appearance of the Silver Age Aquaman. For a huge character like Aquaman, in a book that should be on par w/ Showcase 22 or at least Showcase 30 (the book that is often mistaken as said key), its price is ridiculous. You can pick up a low grade copy for around $50-70, and a mid grade for about $100-150. 

True, that sure is - not to mention the first appearance of Poison Ivy.

Though not a key, it always baffles me how low the Spider-Man: Reign #1 (recalled issues) goes for.

This is  a great discussion. I recently rediscovered my collection and was amazed at what some comics are selling for. Obviously key issues demand a premium but what I was amazed at were the comics I purchased purely as "Gag" issues like Spider Ham: Peter Porker #1 and Beavis and Butthead #1 now sell for a premium.