• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The most affordable key comic book?
5 5

521 posts in this topic

Do you guys think Micronuats 8 will see a price increase? 1st Captain Universe.. not sure if I should  unload the few copies I have now.. I have a feeling the character might have potential but its not clear to me

I feel like since the last time I posted there has been explosive growth on many of the “affordable” minor key issues. Static 1 being one. Sword of Azrael 1 might be a $5 comic but who knows with the Future State it may be a easy $50 comic 

On 1/22/2019 at 5:20 PM, JazzMan said:

DD 1 is my choice and it is still underpriced in my book but it's quickly starting to rise.

Well, this is no longer the case...this book, along with bronze age keys are heating up exponentially.

Under-priced in my humble opinion - across all budgets (and I appreciate not everyone can drop $1000 or more on a book):

Batman #49 - 1st Mad hatter, 1st Vicki Vale, Joker Cover

TTA #52 - 1st Black Knight (2nd incarnation - Nathan Garrett)

Tec #36 - 1st Hugo Strange

Batman #357 - 1st Killer Croc

There's a range from a few hundred (TTA #52) - to the deeper end of the pool - Tec #36

All seem like good 'holds' to me - all characters have massive growth potential in the MCU and DCCU

2c

You can still pick up a copy of Mad 1 for between $500 and $1000.
KIller Croc is still dirt cheap.
Spider-man 298 isn't too expensive.

Lots of Early Mickey Mouse appearances aren't too expensive.

Tons of DC comics are affordable good deals.

Edited by Rip

2 hours ago, Rip said:

You can still pick up a copy of Mad 1 for between $500 and $1000.
KIller Croc is still dirt cheap.
Spider-man 298 isn't too expensive.

Lots of Early Mickey Mouse appearances aren't too expensive.

Tons of DC comics are affordable good deals.

The DC thing is true. SA DC 1st appearances are a fraction of what their Marvel cousins go for. I’m always looking for cheap DC’s. Atom, Metal Men, even Green Lantern and JLA are very reasonable IMO. 1st Legion is an exception as it’s just tough to find in general, and Of course Showcase 4 is a monster that’s way out of my reach. Supergirl and Batgirl finally got a bump. I think Bat 181 1st Poison Ivy is still relatively cheap, though not necessarily easy to find in nice shape with the centerfold complete.

Action comics 595 1st Silver Banshee and Thor 411 412 1st New Warriors are cheap. Copper age key first appearances are cheap right now. Legends 3 is dirt cheap. 1st new Suicide Squad. Harley Quinn 1 and Deadpool 1 from the late 90s are cheap also. Anything hot from 2015-2017 has cooled down 

Edited by littledoom

On 10/31/2020 at 3:16 PM, littledoom said:

I feel like since the last time I posted there has been explosive growth on many of the “affordable” minor key issues. Static 1 being one. Sword of Azrael 1 might be a $5 comic but who knows with the Future State it may be a easy $50 comic 

I recently read the first Sword of Azrael story. Just awful, awful stuff :sick:

But I guess this thread isn't about the quality of the stories lol