• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need feedback with something I need to know for mixed items sale thread
2 2

13 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask some feedback regarding in writing an ad in mixed items section in the sale threads? If not, please direct me to the proper section, thank you. 

Ok, my friend asked me to help him to sell the ECCC tickets, it is for Emerald City Comic Con on March 14-17th this year. As it is, the tickets aren’t yet mailed out to all purchases (including me with my own ticket also). 

The question  I ask, when should I start write the ad? Do now while my friend wait for his tickets coming in mail, or ...Wait until he get the tickets in hand first then do the writing the ad? 

I was told from the customer service at ECCC that the tickets should be out sent after January 30th. Thanks for your help with my questions. 

10 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

This.

Currently you have nothing to sell until you have the item in hand. List it once you have it...you, not your friend.

You do have a good point. However aardvark88 does also made a good point regarding in making plans for hotel, parking and such others in Seattle. The sooner the better. 

It’s true that I don’t have the tickets ... yet. And my friend does have that on his CC invoice confirmed paid. That said, I will wait until I get the tickets then I wrote the ad with photos fast as I can.  

Thanks for the feedback  (thumbsu

When I do anything for a friend I put my money where my mouth is.

I have done it twice.  There are two 'boardies' here who are my real life friends.  In both cases they joined to buy something on the boards.  I backed both of the sales.  In once case it was for a signature series opportunity and in the other a Hulk 181.  If either friend flaked, I would have covered them and made the seller whole.  My word is my bond and I do not back anyone that I will not stand up for. 

So here is what I would do as both sets of advice are right. 

If you want to back your friend then you should stand by his reputation as your own reputation is on the line. 

I would offer the tickets now only with the understand that you are doing so to accommodate a prospective buyer's ability to secure transportation and hotel accommodations.  Now here is the big part.  YOU are on the hook for these tickets once they sell.  Since you are acting in a way as 'Stubhub' or any other online ticket agency reseller, you need to back this sale. 

If your friend flakes and sells to someone else or decides to go himself, you are responsible for securing tickets and making the buyer whole. That means it may cost you more money in tracking down tickets, and making the buyer whole, but your own reputation is on the line because you are the one bringing you friend to the boards and standing by him.  If you stand by him, you stand by the sale.  That is the way I see it. 

This is why I don't do things like this often but when I do it, I back or help out people who I trust not to flake and misrepresent my own reputation however good or bad that may be. 

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

When I do anything for a friend I put my money where my mouth is.

I have done it twice.  There are two 'boardies' here who are my real life friends.  In both cases they joined to buy something on the boards.  I backed both of the sales.  In once case it was for a signature series opportunity and in the other a Hulk 181.  If either friend flaked, I would have covered them and made the seller whole.  My word is my bond and I do not back anyone that I will not stand up for. 

So here is what I would do as both sets of advice are right. 

If you want to back your friend then you should stand by his reputation as your own reputation is on the line. 

I would offer the tickets now only with the understand that you are doing so to accommodate a prospective buyer's ability to secure transportation and hotel accommodations.  Now here is the big part.  YOU are on the hook for these tickets once they sell.  Since you are acting in a way as 'Stubhub' or any other online ticket agency reseller, you need to back this sale. 

If your friend flakes and sells to someone else or decides to go himself, you are responsible for securing tickets and making the buyer whole. That means it may cost you more money in tracking down tickets, and making the buyer whole, but your own reputation is on the line because you are the one bringing you friend to the boards and standing by him.  If you stand by him, you stand by the sale.  That is the way I see it. 

This is why I don't do things like this often but when I do it, I back or help out people who I trust not to flake and misrepresent my own reputation however good or bad that may be. 

well said. I have a few friends that I would trust, many I would not.

Well said. I have forwarded this thread to my friend... he is also a boardie here, through not much posting here. Hence the reason why he wants me to help him with his tickets. 

1 hour ago, Fan Boy said:

Well said. I have forwarded this thread to my friend... he is also a boardie here, through not much posting here. Hence the reason why he wants me to help him with his tickets. 

I think you're getting good advice here.  We've seen sales where someone was trying to sell something for a friend and that transaction went sideways.  List them before they're in your possession if you want but be aware you're vouching for you're friend.

On 1/22/2019 at 10:09 AM, Fan Boy said:

Hello, 

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask some feedback regarding in writing an ad in mixed items section in the sale threads? If not, please direct me to the proper section, thank you. 

Ok, my friend asked me to help him to sell the ECCC tickets, it is for Emerald City Comic Con on March 14-17th this year. As it is, the tickets aren’t yet mailed out to all purchases (including me with my own ticket also). 

The question  I ask, when should I start write the ad? Do now while my friend wait for his tickets coming in mail, or ...Wait until he get the tickets in hand first then do the writing the ad? 

I was told from the customer service at ECCC that the tickets should be out sent after January 30th. Thanks for your help with my questions. 

You could list a sales thread with the information you have here, and stipulate that payment should NOT be made until  you have the tickets in hand. That way they can arrange a hotel (which can be canceled). Not sure about plane tickets, or you might get someone who lives in the area, but won't have to risk any funds..

17 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

You could list a sales thread with the information you have here, and stipulate that payment should NOT be made until  you have the tickets in hand. That way they can arrange a hotel (which can be canceled). Not sure about plane tickets, or you might get someone who lives in the area, but won't have to risk any funds..

Thank you Skypinkblu, for the comment. That seems as the best way to start the ad. I will discuss with my friend on that subject. Beside, it is nearly a week to February so I should know more then. The ECCC tickets sale ad will be up later. 

Thank you for all the comments here. I believe I get enough feedback. Considered this thread closed.