• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

We usually make these every year... I didn't see one so I figured... what the heck... 

As soon as I logged in I was greeted with the following image.  It looks like ComicLink is effectively in the same taxation zone as Comic Connect... Game on... 

So.... what did ya win?  Good luck to you all... 

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 5.56.38 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

2 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I may be mistaken but prices seem pretty soft. All the higher grade ASM 129's sold well under GPA. My Spidey Sense is telling me the market is soft and the taxes don't help.

Well, I believe prices were already starting to soften a bit in the auctions at the end of 2018 from what I was reading on the boards here. :gossip:

Not sure, but somehow I believe the continuing volatility of the falling stock market which is usually a leading indicator for the economy is probably not giving potential bidders a ton of confidence right now.  (shrug)

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I believe prices were already starting to soften a bit in the auctions at the end of 2018 from what I was reading on the boards here. :gossip:

Not sure, but somehow I believe the continuing volatility of the falling stock market which is usually a leading indicator for the economy is probably not giving potential bidders a ton of confidence right now.  (shrug)

I keep reading here that during Christmas season comic market routinely softens? I wouldn't know since I haven't been closely following as long as others on here. An ASM 129 just went on eBay for just under 5700 or 5600 so not sure there's much softening. Consumer confidence is a better indicator than stock market as a whole BTW. I don't think that's too hot either

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

My ASM 74 goes from a 8.0 White Page Copy to a 9.4 Off White to White Page Copy (This has been a tough book for me for some reason)

Tough to find in that grade? It's frustratingly tough to find with good wrap that's for damn sure

34 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

I'm curious about Comic Link; obviously on eBay (on certain shipping arrangements) you can see import charges and whether you don't have to pay them, so what's the scenario regarding international shipping on Comic Link, I wonder?

In a nutshell, EXPENSIVE.

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Truly.  It’s hard to justify selling stock at their low, to get into comics.  But on the other hand, who knows how much lower stocks will go, given what is happening to this country.  So despite the depressed prices, maybe 6 months from now it’ll seem like a genius move to get out of it now and put it in comics.  Conundrum!