• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

In the current Comiclink auction I didn't even make it past the plate - 0 for 14 - struck out on a high and hard Shock Suspenstories #13...

I bid that book up too... didn't see it at the price it went for.  Maybe next month. 

33 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Hammered at $358.

I didn't write that clearly. I didn't see it going for that amount. 

50 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I didn't write that clearly. I didn't see it going for that amount. 

Me either. I don't think collectors are as particular about page quality for comics nearly 70 years old but for me the cream to off-white pages bumped this copy down a notch. However, as you mentioned earlier, ECs as a whole seem to be hot, hot, hot all of a sudden, particularly the issues with the more infamous covers, so the final price didn't come as a huge surprise.

I tapped out with my two weird war tales and the sea devils grey tone cover. I was happy with their prices and I got outbid on most else, including two more weird war tales that crossed my high bid threshold. Plus, I had items for sale and wanted to get a check to go with my comics. 

And every time I settle before the auction is over, especially when using seller’s credit, I get my books really fast. :) 

Edited by DavidTheDavid

6 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

In the current Comiclink auction I didn't even make it past the plate - 0 for 14 - struck out on a high and hard Shock Suspenstories #13...

Get your cheque yet, chumley?

21 minutes ago, greggy said:

Get your cheque yet, chumley?

Showed up last week. Now I can finally stop eating those no name instant noodles from Superstore and start going out for real ramen again. :whee:

12 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Showed up last week. Now I can finally stop eating those no name instant noodles from Superstore and start going out for real ramen again. :whee:

Shio, Shoyu, or Miso?

9 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Still getting murdered. Had a book sell for 65% below last sale last night, and 48% below 2018 gpa average (and that’s with 14 data points). Ooooff... Def. will be keeping a closer eye on these auctions going forward, as a buyer.

I had some poor auction sales on ebay recently as well. I just think it's the time of the year...

11 hours ago, jjfversion1 said:

I had some poor auction sales on ebay recently as well. I just think it's the time of the year...

This time of year when people get back their tax refunds has always been one of the highlights of the comic selling year from my experience.  Not this year.  The low ballers offer guys still dominate the market and it looks like only the prime key material is doing well.

11 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Still getting murdered. Had a book sell for 65% below last sale last night, and 48% below 2018 gpa average (and that’s with 14 data points). Ooooff... Def. will be keeping a closer eye on these auctions going forward, as a buyer.

Comiclink has really been a great place to buy books especially if you are talking about random Bronze Age Captain America in CGC 9.6 type books.  Lizard always seems to post up some nice DC Silver-Age books that he won and you know how cheap he is.

That pair of Hero For Hire 1 CGc 7.5 just highlighted why I don't understand the restored marketplace.  A restored copy with minor color touch and glue went for $110 while a blue goes for $299.  So a tiny bit of color touch and glue drops the price by 70%?? 

7 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

That pair of Hero For Hire 1 CGc 7.5 just highlighted why I don't understand the restored marketplace.  A restored copy with minor color touch and glue went for $110 while a blue goes for $299.  So a tiny bit of color touch and glue drops the price by 70%?? 

It could have been worse.