• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, deadleg said:

Clink can be great like that sometimes. Sometimes you get a book for an absolute steal, others times you can get into a bidding war and end up paying 3x GPA.

Haha I get what you're saying but I would never allow myself to pay 2x GPA on any book.  There will always be another.  Then again I don't collect books that fall in the top 5% of the census so it's never been a problem.. I could see if you were going for the real top of the top stuff.

Edited by 90sChild

On 4/29/2019 at 8:02 PM, deadleg said:

It’s been a year since I won a book off Comiclink. A Dave Stevens cover you don’t see everyday. 

55F31A5C-1C04-4C5D-A001-8FFADF1DC34B.jpeg

And one that I definitely wouldn't ever want to see again.  :p  :ph34r:

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, deadleg said:
12 hours ago, lou_fine said:

And one that I definitely wouldn't ever want to see again.  :p  :ph34r:

Not a Stevens fan I guess? (shrug)

No, just not a fan of this particular piece as there are just so many other more appealing cover artwork by Stevens which I definitely do like.  (thumbsu

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

No, just not a fan of this particular piece as there are just so many other more appealing cover artwork by Stevens which I definitely do like.  (thumbsu

Everybody’s got their own taste. I rather like this cover and enjoyed reading the series by Hernandez. 

Everybody’s got their own taste. I rather like this cover and enjoyed reading the series by Hernandez. 

I give it to Stevens for showing at least a few different body types: small chest, big chest, muscle bound. We now see pinups and fashion models of all sizes and shapes but that certainly wasn't the norm then.

Not too familiar with this cover but it looks like pencils are by Hernandez and inks are by Stevens. Or is it the other way around? Either way, definitely a collaboration that works for me. Great pickup! (thumbsu

20 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

Not too familiar with this cover but it looks like pencils are by Hernandez and inks are by Stevens. Or is it the other way around? Either way, definitely a collaboration that works for me. Great pickup! (thumbsu

Maribel (the muscle bound girl) definitely looks like is drawn by Stevens given the style of the lines. Gaby (the gifted one) and Kitten (the slim girl) look to be drawn by Hernandez. It’s really cool to see that they collaborated on a cover. I’ve read in some interviews with Stevens that he was a fan of Love and Rockets and even went as far as to take the Hernandez Bros. to a burlesque show. 

Picked these up from the Heritage Auction last night.  I've wanted a Superman 25 for awhile.  That will be added to the "To Florida" pile. 

Superman25.jpeg

WeirdScience11CGC65.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

11 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

How does she have a top in the mirror but not in the "real" frame on #54? 

Anyway interesting covers (thumbsu

yeah that caught my eye as well.  I wonder if that was intentional or if the mirror and reflection was added later or if the reflection was initially drawn without the top and it was too risque so they added the top but forgot it on the back.  Or maybe it was a new back strapless he was hoping would catch on with the ladies in the late 40's.

Wait, the reflection of her face and her right arm should be covered up as well by the green dress or blanket or whatever that is.  And the mirror reflection of her hair is on the wrong side.  Man that art is just all kinds of wrong.  Well, nice books though.

1 minute ago, justafan said:
12 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

How does she have a top in the mirror but not in the "real" frame on #54? 

Anyway interesting covers (thumbsu

yeah that caught my eye as well.  I wonder if that was intentional or if the mirror and reflection was added later or if the reflection was initially drawn without the top and it was too risque so they added the top but forgot it on the back.  Or maybe it was a new back strapless he was hoping would catch on with the ladies in the late 40's.

Wait, the reflection of her face and her right arm should be covered up as well by the green dress or blanket or whatever that is.  And the mirror reflection of her hair is on the wrong side.  Man that art is just all kinds of wrong.  Well, nice books though.

12 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

053D919B-99DB-40BD-B839-D90E7A5C639F.jpeg

lol I hear you, and in the -script box, it says, "Also Blue Beetle in THE VANISHING NUDE" ??? I figured the cover was advertising that story, so trick mirror? lol idk