• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, bc said:

And don't the auctions start in 90 minutes?

Most CLink auction action happens in the last 10 seconds...I hope you book doesn't go any higher :wishluck:

Yes the lots start closing in 90 mins and that most action happens at the end. I don't expect to win much (if anything) just trying to figure out how their auction process works as it's odd that leading the entire time I can be outbid a week later by $2.

5 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

This is another one of mine. I bid $600 on the 23rd and haven't touched it since. But now outbid by $2.

Screenshot_20190530-182233_Chrome.jpg

If your max bid was $600 on 5/23 when the highest bid was currently $277, the max increment doesn't matter. Someone on the 24th or 25th entered a higher bid than the current with a max of $602.

Edited by bc

2 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

This is another one of mine. I bid $600 on the 23rd and haven't touched it since. But now outbid by $2.

Screenshot_20190530-182233_Chrome.jpg

Like I posted previously, your 600 bid brought the current bid to 502.  That's why the bids have the exact same time.  But the next person just has to outbid it by 100 so they bid either 602 which was the minimum or some unknown larger amount which won't be known unless someone bids it up or outbids them. 

2 minutes ago, greggy said:

Like I posted previously, your 600 bid brought the current bid to 502.  That's why the bids have the exact same time.  But the next person just has to outbid it by 100 so they bid either 602 which was the minimum or some unknown larger amount which won't be known unless someone bids it up or outbids them. 

what he said

1 minute ago, greggy said:

my $600 bid (May 23rd) brought it to $302...where it sat for a few days until the 25th when someone bid it up to $600, and then the 28th brought it to $602.  If they had a max bid of 502 shouldn't my 600 bid have brought it up to that immediately when I bid that on the 23rd?

5 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

my $600 bid (May 23rd) brought it to $302...where it sat for a few days until the 25th when someone bid it up to $600, and then the 28th brought it to $602.  If they had a max bid of 502 shouldn't my 600 bid have brought it up to that immediately when I bid that on the 23rd?

Are you the current high bidder at $602?

I see $302, $502, $602...looks like someone placed a larger max bid that ends in a "2".

1 minute ago, bc said:

Are you the current high bidder at $602?

I see $302, $502, $602...looks like someone placed a larger max bid that ends in a "2".

no my high bid was $600.  Which I placed on May 23rd at 2:25:30 pm ET

6 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I have some “feel good, know I’ll lose” bids out. Just living vicariously at the moment.

Someone should deputize him and make him captain!

Cap Vicariously cautiously maneuvers to the Ritz Carlton to enjoy some mints before leaving for work at a 9-5 job at the pillow factory!.....

Or something lol

20 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

You won! ^^

Bring home the gold! What'd you win? :foryou:

A Voldy. Significantly below FMV, so hard to complain. And a personal grail in a grade I didn't think I'd own. Now to go see what has to be sold as penance.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

5 hours ago, Iceman399 said:
5 hours ago, bc said:

Most CLink auction action happens in the last 10 seconds...I hope you book doesn't go any higher :wishluck:

Yes the lots start closing in 90 mins and that most action happens at the end. 

Exactly why I don't even waste my time bidding in the CL or eBay auctions.

If you really want to win a book, you basically have to throw in a moonshot of a bid because you have absolutely no idea what it would take for you to win the book.  I much prefer either the Heritage or CC auction formats because you know exactly what you are bidding in order to win the book and you have nobody else to blame except yourself if you win or lose.  hm

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Exactly why I don't even waste my time bidding in the CL or eBay auctions.

If you really want to win a book, you basically have to throw in a moonshot of a bid because you have absolutely no idea what it would take for you to win the book.  I much prefer either the Heritage or CC auction formats because you know exactly what you are bidding in order to win the book and you have nobody else to blame except yourself if you win or lose.  hm

I love the part where “you have nobody else to blame except yourself if you win”!  As the accidental owner of a few books, this made me laugh

9 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

I did not.  But figured out being beaten by $2 :banana:

Explain it, Mr. Eric

7 minutes ago, greggy said:

Explain it, Mr. Eric

My bid is currently at $375.  Next bid is $400.  My Max bid is $600.

The new bidder comes in and makes max bid of $602.  Since that bid is above the $25 min increment ($375 to $400) it's a valid bid.  I don't like it but it's the way she works.