• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,470 posts in this topic

Regarding the newest CLink Focused auction that started yesterday - first time I didn't even put in one tracking bid meh

Might be something to this idea about not selling books in the summer...

C'mon Featured auction!

5 minutes ago, bc said:

Might be something to this idea about not selling books in the summer...

I've always thought that winter time and December in particular was the absolute worst time of the year to be trying to sell your books.  (shrug)

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I've always thought that winter time and December in particular was the absolute worst time of the year to be trying to sell your books.  (shrug)

I think @valiantman had some data on this last year that showed Spring (after tax returns) was a good time as well as Fall. 

8 hours ago, bc said:

Just called CC, they still haven't shipped out my book from the June auction :(

Hopefully it makes it here before the next one starts in September.

This wouldn't bother me as much if they didn't send payment reminders 40 seconds after you win an auction.

9 hours ago, bc said:

Just called CC, they still haven't shipped out my book from the June auction :(

Hopefully it makes it here before the next one starts in September.

sounds like both CC and CL have their issues. i bought a 5 figure book a few months ago on CL, asked them to hold it while i was traveling, and they agreed, then they shipped it to my house anyway. just brilliant. 

10 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

sounds like both CC and CL have their issues. i bought a 5 figure book a few months ago on CL, asked them to hold it while i was traveling, and they agreed, then they shipped it to my house anyway. just brilliant. 

Did the story have a happy ending?

I've found comics in my porch box (daily cooking in the summer heat) while I've had the mail stopped, but never lost anything.

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I've found comics in my porch box (daily cooking in the summer heat) while I've had the mail stopped, but never lost anything.

luckily i have a tenant who rents an apartment downstairs in our house, so he signed for it. he texted me that he was going to leave it outside until i told him absolutely not! he kept it for me until i returned. this was almost a 20k book, so needless to say i would have preferred that CL do as they agreed, and hold it for me, instead of making me trust my tenant for a week with a super valuable package. seems like almost no companies have people who know what they're doing any more. could i sound more old an crotchety? 

34 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:
1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

luckily i have a tenant who rents an apartment downstairs in our house, so he signed for it. he texted me that he was going to leave it outside until i told him absolutely not! he kept it for me until i returned. this was almost a 20k book, so needless to say i would have preferred that CL do as they agreed, and hold it for me, instead of making me trust my tenant for a week with a super valuable package. seems like almost no companies have people who know what they're doing any more. could i sound more old an crotchety? 

Possibly.  But right now, you need to get off my lawn. :sumo: 

Hi Everybody,

I recently won my 1st graded comic on Heritage last night. I usually use ebuy and Comiclink , but to test the waters with Heritage I bid on a cheaper book and I got it. I just want to verify how this works please.

I bid on it about 10 minutes before it ended. It ended with no more bids so I thought I won it. But then each auction went to a live bid. A few hours later my book came up and no one bid. So is that how all Heritage auctions operate? Kind of like in 2 stages? Thanks

24 minutes ago, Dinosaur jr. said:

Hi Everybody,

I recently won my 1st graded comic on Heritage last night. I usually use ebuy and Comiclink , but to test the waters with Heritage I bid on a cheaper book and I got it. I just want to verify how this works please.

I bid on it about 10 minutes before it ended. It ended with no more bids so I thought I won it. But then each auction went to a live bid. A few hours later my book came up and no one bid. So is that how all Heritage auctions operate? Kind of like in 2 stages? Thanks

Yep for the most part.

6 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Yes, both are from the 1960s, hand drawn by Mr Schulz.  You cant tell from the photo, but they are very large in size, 5.5 inches tall by 27.25 inches long

nice that's cool