• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,480 posts in this topic

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:57 PM, Frederic9494 said:

Well if you live in Canada (like I do), CLink charges $70 for 1 CGC book... which is insane. (and they only use Fedex so I can't imagine what the custom brokerage fees are...)

First book I won recently (after taking a 10 year break on comic book collecting) I asked them to put it back on sale... No point in paying such shipping charge on a $100 book...

Nice DD btw! 

I agree.  I bought from CLink one time, but unfortunately, never again.  They have a great selection of books, but shipping costs to Canada are ridiculous.

On 10/30/2019 at 5:57 PM, Frederic9494 said:

Well if you live in Canada (like I do), CLink charges $70 for 1 CGC book... which is insane. (and they only use Fedex so I can't imagine what the custom brokerage fees are...)

First book I won recently (after taking a 10 year break on comic book collecting) I asked them to put it back on sale... No point in paying such shipping charge on a $100 book...

Nice DD btw! 

Yep, Comiclink's $70 shipping to Canada is steep, I used to get the comics shipped to a US mailbox to save money but then they started charging state sales tax which often ended up being even more expensive. I still bid on Comiclink auctions, but only on comic(s) that will make the shipping semi-reasonable, which for myself means less than 10% of the overall cost. More than once I have won a comic worth a few hundred dollars and then had to scramble to either win more auctions or pick something up on the exchange to make the $70 fee (which is good for 1 - 3 slabs) bearable.

Otherwise, it holds me back from bidding on lower-value comics for fear that I will, as mentioned, end up with a $100 comic and a $70 shipping charge (at that point I would most likely have them relist it).

On 10/31/2019 at 5:31 AM, Buzzetta said:
On 10/4/2019 at 10:11 AM, Murphman13 said:

FWIW, and this may be old news, I just got my winnings delivered and there were no CLink stickers on the slabs...anywhere!!!

:banana:

Just out of curiosity I pulled out the books from last month and none of them had labels either.  I wonder if they put the labels on the book at the point of shipment, rather than when they take possession of them.

They're back or I'm special. All 3 books I just received from the early October auction have them.

5 hours ago, an99 said:

I agree.  I bought from CLink one time, but unfortunately, never again.  They have a great selection of books, but shipping costs to Canada are ridiculous.

39 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Yep, Comiclink's $70 shipping to Canada is steep, I used to get the comics shipped to a US mailbox to save money but then they started charging state sales tax which often ended up being even more expensive. I still bid on Comiclink auctions, but only on comic(s) that will make the shipping semi-reasonable, which for myself means less than 10% of the overall cost. More than once I have won a comic worth a few hundred dollars and then had to scramble to either win more auctions or pick something up on the exchange to make the $70 fee (which is good for 1 - 3 slabs) bearable.

Otherwise, it holds me back from bidding on lower-value comics for fear that I will, as mentioned, end up with a $100 comic and a $70 shipping charge (at that point I would most likely have them relist it).

I agree with you guys shipping to Canada sucks, I only bid with taking into account my 70$ shipping fee and potential brokerage fee's wish they could do something to help Canadian collectors. 

I've been in your situation before Black_Adam where I won something and I am scrambling to get something else to make the shipping hit make sense lol. I usually try to find local guys now in Canada to save on the headaches of Comiclink, HA and such. 

7 hours ago, Krismusic said:
13 hours ago, an99 said:

8 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

I agree with you guys shipping to Canada sucks, I only bid with taking into account my 70$ shipping fee and potential brokerage fee's wish they could do something to help Canadian collectors. 

I've been in your situation before Black_Adam where I won something and I am scrambling to get something else to make the shipping hit make sense lol. I usually try to find local guys now in Canada to save on the headaches of Comiclink, HA and such. 

You need a U.S. slaveboy, that gathers all your carp up, and ships it periodically to the frozen north.

Dear @joeypost - I have another book to send off with the stack when I finally get my butt in gear and send a package off.  Each time I am ready to do the paperwork something else comes up that I might send down if I win. 

Currently sitting in a non CGC holder at a 4.5... rolling the dice on this book graded in 2006. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 11.18.59 PM.png

2 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:
59 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

You need a U.S. slaveboy, that gathers all your carp up, and ships it periodically to the frozen 

A slave boy that isn't from one of the states Comiclink, Heritage, etc. is forced to charge sales tax to...

That would be me :cool: 

Oregon apparently don't need no stinkin' sales tax.

44 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Dear @joeypost - I have another book to send off with the stack when I finally get my butt in gear and send a package off.  Each time I am ready to do the paperwork something else comes up that I might send down if I win. 

Currently sitting in a non CGC holder at a 4.5... rolling the dice on this book graded in 2006. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 11.18.59 PM.png

Nice pickup (thumbsu

But is that the type of comic a press would improve beyond a 4.5? That  spine looks fragile to me. 

10 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Nice pickup (thumbsu

But is that the type of comic a press would improve beyond a 4.5? That  spine looks fragile to me. 

Maybe... but I want it in a CGC holder and I trust Joe.  Let’s just say that with a press I don’t think it would hurt even if the book goes from s PGX 4.5 to s cgc 4.0.  PGX graded it in 2006. 

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Maybe... but I want it in a CGC holder and I trust Joe.  Let’s just say that with a press I don’t think it would hurt even if the book goes from s PGX 4.5 to s cgc 4.0.  PGX graded it in 2006. 

PGX? Yech.  For some reason I always think there are only two grading companies. Definitely deserving of a crossover.

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I'd be more concerned about it going from a PGX Blue to CGC incomplete or CGC Purple.

2 hours ago, Pontoon said:

I'd be more concerned about it going from a PGX Blue to CGC incomplete or CGC Purple.

I thought the same but since it's public knowledge what I paid for it, $735 + tax, and considering what Captain America Comics are going for lately, that even if it comes back with restoration or incomplete, I can still sell it if I do not want to keep it and not lose out on too much if I sell it on eBay at a ridiculous markup since things like that are not always up for sale there.   With what I see Schomburg Caps going for, if it comes back blue label, then I am still ahead of the game. 

This will definitely be part of the eventual guess the grade contest. 

Edited by Buzzetta

Just now, greggy said:

No Dare Maple Cream Cookies please

That would be like going to Italy and eating at Olive Garden or going to Mexico to find the finest Taco Bell.