• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, southern cross said:

Won this book about a month ago off heritage. Been wanting a nice looking copy for two years now and paid under gpa for a 9.0

Screenshot_20191105-080955.thumb.png.59d07ed729bdbf70ac8d68534ee43210.png

nice I've been looking for one too but havent pulled the trigger maybe Christmas time.. 

On 11/4/2019 at 6:11 AM, JLA Brad said:

I won this book yesterday (and it will be held at HA until some future point in time when I have purchased enough books to make the shipping palatable):

Yes, I still remember my last auction win at HA and was wondering why I did not receive my book after a few months.

Gave them a phone call and they told me that my standing order was for them to hold onto my books for me until I give them the approval to ship them out.  They asked me if I wanted to change my standing shipping order and I simply said "nope" and to keep it as is.  Well, it's been a couple of years now and I am still waiting to win another one of their books.  :taptaptap:

Unfortunately, I don't think this strategy will work for the speculators or flippers who wants to play the CPR game.  lol

9 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, I still remember my last auction win at HA and was wondering why I did not receive my book after a few months.

Gave them a phone call and they told me that my standing order was for them to hold onto my books for me until I give them the approval to ship them out.  They asked me if I wanted to change my standing shipping order and I simply said "nope" and to keep it as is.  Well, it's been a couple of years now and I am still waiting to win another one of their books.  :taptaptap:

Unfortunately, I don't think this strategy will work for the speculators or flippers who wants to play the CPR game.  lol

Hey Lou I live here in dallas. How about I pick the book up and enjoy it for you. I promise to send monthly progress reports

5 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Hey Lou I live here in dallas. How about I pick the book up and enjoy it for you. I promise to send monthly progress reports

Hello Fellow Dallasite! :hi:

10 hours ago, mysterio said:

No idea why this book was put in the "assorted" section, and I likely overpaid, but it's not every day you get a shot at a White Mountain Amazing Adventures.

AA03CGCwmsm.jpg

I seriously debated taking this one myself.  Awesome book and glad to see it’s in good hands. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I seriously debated taking this one myself.  Awesome book and glad to see it’s in good hands. 

I’m still surprised I got it, but I also blew past what I’d originally promised myself my limit would be. Ended up at about 3x (an admittedly patchy set of data on) GPA. 

2 minutes ago, mysterio said:

I’m still surprised I got it, but I also blew past what I’d originally promised myself my limit would be. Ended up at about 3x (an admittedly patchy set of data on) GPA. 

I put together a raw set from 1-14 a couple of years ago, mid grade stuff nothing crazy.  I know of a few Spider-Man collectors that look at it as a natural progression to collect.

for one the series leads into AF15

for another reason it features many “prototype” characters even including a guy that looks exactly like Peter Parker

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I put together a raw set from 1-14 a couple of years ago, mid grade stuff nothing crazy.  I know of a few Spider-Man collectors that look at it as a natural progression to collect.

for one the series leads into AF15

for another reason it features many “prototype” characters even including a guy that looks exactly like Peter Parker

That was my reasoning. I collect pre-hero Marvel anyway, but this title has always been a favorite of mine because of the lead-in to AF #15. Add my favorite pedigree to the mix and I was pretty well all in on this copy. It even upgraded my current 6.0 to boot. 

AA #3-4 have always seemed quite tough. I haven’t seen many copies of #3 come up for sale, and this 6.5 passes for high grade among the ones I have seen listed. 

3 minutes ago, mysterio said:

That was my reasoning. I collect pre-hero Marvel anyway, but this title has always been a favorite of mine because of the lead-in to AF #15. Add my favorite pedigree to the mix and I was pretty well all in on this copy. It even upgraded my current 6.0 to boot. 

AA #3-4 have always seemed quite tough. I haven’t seen many copies of #3 come up for sale, and this 6.5 passes for high grade among the ones I have seen listed. 

Found it!  It’s 14.

This is Tad Carter as drawn by Ditko and not Peter Parker.

But really nice score...

CC9B13A6-43C9-42B0-B7E6-F2E127421F09.jpeg

1998A59B-2DFA-42FF-8949-4DB7D61A1F1D.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Found it!  It’s 14.

This is Tad Carter as drawn by Ditko and not Peter Parker.

But really nice score...

CC9B13A6-43C9-42B0-B7E6-F2E127421F09.jpeg

1998A59B-2DFA-42FF-8949-4DB7D61A1F1D.jpeg

Yep, now that you mention it I recall seeing that prototype listed someplace. 

I'm always interested to here how sellers felt this round of auctions went for them.  I looked at a couple books and the sale prices seem pretty strong so I hope people did well.