• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I'm always interested to here how sellers felt this round of auctions went for them.  I looked at a couple books and the sale prices seem pretty strong so I hope people did well.

Sold 13 comics in the current Comiclink auction for a sales total of $3,094.

10 of the 13 comics sold for less than current GPA.

On average, the comics sold at 90.9% of current GPA.

Best sale was 44% above last recorded GPA ($300)

Worst sale was 40% below last recorded GPA ($160)

1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

Thanks for the info.  90% of current GPA sounds about right in line with I've been seeing in past ComicLink auctions unless the books are highest graded copies or ultra rare.

11 hours ago, Sackolantern said:

Took a chance and sold in the Hakes auction that ended tonight. Had done Comiclink and Heritage before...  anyone else have experience with Hakes ?

How did you end up doing?  I have a bunch of stuff that would be more aligned with Hakes content that I am mulling over trying to consign to them.

26 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I have a bunch of stuff that would be more aligned with Hakes content that I am mulling over trying to consign to them.

Different auction houses concentrate more on certain types of books?

8 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Different auction houses concentrate more on certain types of books?

I would say (although many may disagree) that certain auction houses do better with certain books.  I think CLINK is better for silver and bronze books.  Heritage is top for key GA and maybe SA keys plus A and B level artwork.  COMICCONNECT I haven’t decided on.  Hakes is great for toys.  This is just my perspective.

21 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

19 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Thanks for the info.  90% of current GPA sounds about right in line with I've been seeing in past ComicLink auctions unless the books are highest graded copies or ultra rare.

I like hearing this info as well. I averaged 93% of last GPA across 7 books (sold 8, but removing one oddity from the calculation due to lack of sales data). The itemization is as follows: 98%, 99%, 45%, 89%, 117%, 91%, & 111%.

3 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I like hearing this info as well. I averaged 93% of last GPA across 7 books (sold 8, but removing one oddity from the calculation due to lack of sales data). The itemization is as follows: 98%, 99%, 45%, 89%, 117%, 91%, & 111%.

nice

24 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Great info. Now I just need to figure out why every comic I submit a bid on at 10% less than GPA sells for way above the last recorded sale...   :tonofbricks:

4 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Didnt know how expensive these Star Wars figures sell for until now over at Hakes :whatthe: Wowsers!

The 12 backs seem to have gone for a lot but there were plenty of deals to be found for B and C level characters in the AFA 80 range.

I totally miss their auctions though and should probably pay more attention to them. 

I had a very mixed bag in terms of results. I'm tied up getting ready for a party tomorrow so I haven't had time to do a full run down, but my Am Spiderman 129 in Voldy 9.0 verified Stan Lee sig (not witnessed) that I've owned for 4 years....went for just over $1200. With recent ebay listings of 9.0 going for 1475, and GPA 9.0 at 1800 ish... I feel like pulling a Charlie Brown.  AUUUGGHH!

16 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

The 12 backs seem to have gone for a lot but there were plenty of deals to be found for B and C level characters in the AFA 80 range.

I totally miss their auctions though and should probably pay more attention to them. 

Agreed I totally whiffed on being online for the auction closes and missed on a few deals. Also that FF #3 went for well below GPA 

On 11/7/2019 at 9:34 PM, Sackolantern said:

Took a chance and sold in the Hakes auction that ended tonight. Had done Comiclink and Heritage before...  anyone else have experience with Hakes ?

Personally I’m not a fan of their bidding system. I “won” two books on Hakes that I did not end up owning because I didn’t outbid the previous bidder by the minimum raise. My first experience was “winning” an AF #15 by $14 but did not get the book because I didn’t outbid the last bidder by the $100 minimum raise. Nobody bid higher than me, but the person who got the book got it for $14 under my bid. 

43 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Personally I’m not a fan of their bidding system. I “won” two books on Hakes that I did not end up owning because I didn’t outbid the previous bidder by the minimum raise. My first experience was “winning” an AF #15 by $14 but did not get the book because I didn’t outbid the last bidder by the $100 minimum raise. Nobody bid higher than me, but the person who got the book got it for $14 under my bid. 

That’s jacked up...

2 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Agreed I totally whiffed on being online for the auction closes and missed on a few deals. Also that FF #3 went for well below GPA 

I always forget about Hakes and I know a lot of people that say that.

I would never use them to sell items for me unless we are talking about something like a five figure toy, which I do not have. 

15 hours ago, Sackolantern said:

I had a very mixed bag in terms of results. I'm tied up getting ready for a party tomorrow so I haven't had time to do a full run down, but my Am Spiderman 129 in Voldy 9.0 verified Stan Lee sig (not witnessed) that I've owned for 4 years....went for just over $1200. With recent ebay listings of 9.0 going for 1475, and GPA 9.0 at 1800 ish... I feel like pulling a Charlie Brown.  AUUUGGHH!

Voldy verifies unwitnessed signatures?