2019 Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
12 12

390 posts in this topic

1,703 posts

In the current Comiclink auction I didn't even make it past the plate - 0 for 14 - struck out on a high and hard Shock Suspenstories #13...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,993 posts
1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

In the current Comiclink auction I didn't even make it past the plate - 0 for 14 - struck out on a high and hard Shock Suspenstories #13...

 

I bid that book up too... didn't see it at the price it went for.  Maybe next month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,703 posts
14 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I bid that book up too... didn't see it at the price it went for.  Maybe next month. 

Hammered at $358.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,993 posts
33 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Hammered at $358.

I didn't write that clearly. I didn't see it going for that amount. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,703 posts
50 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I didn't write that clearly. I didn't see it going for that amount. 

Me either. I don't think collectors are as particular about page quality for comics nearly 70 years old but for me the cream to off-white pages bumped this copy down a notch. However, as you mentioned earlier, ECs as a whole seem to be hot, hot, hot all of a sudden, particularly the issues with the more infamous covers, so the final price didn't come as a huge surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,411 posts
Posted (edited)

I tapped out with my two weird war tales and the sea devils grey tone cover. I was happy with their prices and I got outbid on most else, including two more weird war tales that crossed my high bid threshold. Plus, I had items for sale and wanted to get a check to go with my comics. 

And every time I settle before the auction is over, especially when using seller’s credit, I get my books really fast. :) 

Edited by DavidTheDavid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59,551 posts
6 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

In the current Comiclink auction I didn't even make it past the plate - 0 for 14 - struck out on a high and hard Shock Suspenstories #13...

 

Get your cheque yet, chumley?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,703 posts
21 minutes ago, greggy said:

Get your cheque yet, chumley?

Showed up last week. Now I can finally stop eating those no name instant noodles from Superstore and start going out for real ramen again. :whee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59,551 posts
12 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Showed up last week. Now I can finally stop eating those no name instant noodles from Superstore and start going out for real ramen again. :whee:

Shio, Shoyu, or Miso?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,703 posts
9 hours ago, greggy said:

Shio, Shoyu, or Miso?

Shio :cloud9:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,875 posts

Still getting murdered. Had a book sell for 65% below last sale last night, and 48% below 2018 gpa average (and that’s with 14 data points). Ooooff... Def. will be keeping a closer eye on these auctions going forward, as a buyer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,554 posts
9 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Still getting murdered. Had a book sell for 65% below last sale last night, and 48% below 2018 gpa average (and that’s with 14 data points). Ooooff... Def. will be keeping a closer eye on these auctions going forward, as a buyer.

I had some poor auction sales on ebay recently as well. I just think it's the time of the year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,572 posts
11 hours ago, jjfversion1 said:

I had some poor auction sales on ebay recently as well. I just think it's the time of the year...

This time of year when people get back their tax refunds has always been one of the highlights of the comic selling year from my experience.  Not this year.  The low ballers offer guys still dominate the market and it looks like only the prime key material is doing well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,572 posts
11 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Still getting murdered. Had a book sell for 65% below last sale last night, and 48% below 2018 gpa average (and that’s with 14 data points). Ooooff... Def. will be keeping a closer eye on these auctions going forward, as a buyer.

Comiclink has really been a great place to buy books especially if you are talking about random Bronze Age Captain America in CGC 9.6 type books.  Lizard always seems to post up some nice DC Silver-Age books that he won and you know how cheap he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,572 posts

That pair of Hero For Hire 1 CGc 7.5 just highlighted why I don't understand the restored marketplace.  A restored copy with minor color touch and glue went for $110 while a blue goes for $299.  So a tiny bit of color touch and glue drops the price by 70%?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41,047 posts
7 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

That pair of Hero For Hire 1 CGc 7.5 just highlighted why I don't understand the restored marketplace.  A restored copy with minor color touch and glue went for $110 while a blue goes for $299.  So a tiny bit of color touch and glue drops the price by 70%?? 

It could have been worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,191 posts

ComicLink has been a great place to score 6.5 to 7.5 copies of 10 cent DC books at super low prices lately!:x I only get the White pagers though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
12 12