• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I like to collect Last Issues so this was a cool pickup for me tonight.....................

Eerie#17.jpg

Those almost poked my eyes out when I was scrolling the thumbnails for this auction...., :cool:

On 1/23/2019 at 10:41 PM, Buzzetta said:

Take a look at what the Hulk 181 in 9.8 is up to.  As of this writing it is up to $59,000 for the Mile High II Copy. 

http://comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FDEFAULT.ASP%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D1%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%23Item_1297653&id=1297653&itemType=0

Previous sale for a 9.8 was in December for $29,000.

I don’t believe there is one “the” Mile High II copy of Hulk 181 - couldn’t there potentially be thousands of such copies, some graded & labeled, some graded & unlabeled, others ungraded?

Edited by Heronext

1 hour ago, Heronext said:

I don’t believe there is one “the” Mile High II copy of Hulk 181 - couldn’t there potentially be thousands of such copies, some graded & labeled, some graded & unlabeled, others ungraded?

I don't believe there would be thousands of Mile High II copies of Hulk 181's.  (shrug)

But I wouldn't be surprised if there were hundreds of copies of them since it was a really large warehouse find after all. (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

12 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Weird one tonight. Put in a top bid with about 15 seconds, had it won, someone out bid me, and as I was trying to upmybid the auction ended. I think "oh well" and go on to other auctions. I look back 30 minutes later and it shows I won the book, with my original top bid and the bid that had topped mine was nowhere to be seen. Can people "back out of bids" like they occasionally do on eBay? I'm not complaining, but it was weird.

The book? Well I collect GA SCI-FI and the occasional Archie, so this has been on my radar for ever....nice presenter for the grade so I paid full boat, maybe a little extra, but that's fine, it's a vault keeper.

00567861535000112000148004.thumb.jpg.a1c5d644ed94f65913ca13716f11329d.jpg

Cool book !! I can honestly say nothing like that bidding situation you described has ever happened to me on Clink. I would say call them on Monday but I wouldn't want to chance losing this book.

On 1/26/2019 at 5:02 PM, Drummy said:

Congrats, everyone!  I was shut out on the big book I hoped for, but am now gazing wistfully at the Heritage Feb auction -- looks quite deep.

Must have been a beauty. You have a great eye for seeking out the most perfect books. 

Knocked one more off my Swamp Thing 1-10 9.2 or better. Shocked it is taking this long finding these with a nice wrap. Need #5 still.

The National Comics 14 has been on the want list for a while, this will hold for a bit.

And pedigree OOAW to lower shipping per book.

st2.jpg

National Comics 14.jpg

OAAW 200.jpg

Bid on about 15 EC books and got sniped on almost all of them and ended up being the underbidder on almost all of those except this... this one I took home. 

Might flip it to give myself more purchasing power to get the couple I really wanted though for the next time they pop up at auction. 

EE88CE07-2EF0-4065-878E-C22BA2828DC0.jpeg

I had been looking for this book for a while.  No 9.8s in the census (yet), next highest grade is 9.6, with 6 of those (no SS).  Just an incredibly hard book to turn up in the wild, and in decent shape.  Would have paid double what I won it for.

Sandman 75 second print (Comiclink January 30, 2019).jpg

Edited by bluehorseshoe

1 hour ago, bluehorseshoe said:

I had been looking for this book for a while.  No 9.8s in the census (yet), next highest grade is 9.6, with 6 of those (no SS).  Just an incredibly hard book to turn up in the wild, and in decent shape.  Would have paid double what I won it for.

Nice price. CLink was definitely the wrong venue for that book.