2019 Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
12 12

390 posts in this topic

27,669 posts

I got the same feeling when I listed some books there last month @DavidTheDavid

I didn't like the extended bidding on ComicConnect at first, it took away some of the "eBay" auction feel for me and that's where I really had spent most of my bidding time. However, after listing a few books on there, losing a few last second bids on there and talking to some very smart friends, I think they are doing themselves a disservice by not having extended bidding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,573 posts
42 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I got the same feeling when I listed some books there last month @DavidTheDavid

I didn't like the extended bidding on ComicConnect at first, it took away some of the "eBay" auction feel for me and that's where I really had spent most of my bidding time. However, after listing a few books on there, losing a few last second bids on there and talking to some very smart friends, I think they are doing themselves a disservice by not having extended bidding.

No extended bidding is only good for the discount looking buyer which is not good for the seller and I can't imagine it's good for the bottom line of the auction house.  ComicConnect has no issue getting buyers for books so I don't think there is really any reason to not have extended bidding at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32,135 posts
8 hours ago, LordRahl said:

Flash 123 in 7.0 for $6700? Am I seeing that right? Even mid grade DC's are crushing GPA highs by a factor of 4x now? 

Can't imagine that's real. One sold this month for $1700, and I can't think of any reason for that issue to pop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41,047 posts
2 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:
10 hours ago, lizards2 said:

that reminds me - I need to crack mine out.  But what exactly are you saying here?

This is my one win from the auction. Asking with a joke about the threads from people concerned that their comics are listed on some auction site.

On a separate note, the stuff I had for sale at auction did decidedly meh. 

Nice pick up - looks really nice.  Did you set a new low, pay through the nose, or get it for about average?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
565 posts
On 3/1/2019 at 9:27 PM, Black_Adam said:

Speaking of Comiclink - are any of you bothered by the stickers they slap on the slabs they sell? Do you remove them? And if yes, how? Flamethrower? :flamed:

 

I hate them and so usually buy elsewhere. When I do buy from them I use olive oil to remove them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,411 posts
Posted (edited)

What about the Mister Miracle 1 in 9.4 for $875? That was surprising.

@lizards2 about average, it's a nice looking copy for the grade, unless the back cover is atrocious. :)

Edited by DavidTheDavid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,977 posts
1 hour ago, october said:

Can't imagine that's real. One sold this month for $1700, and I can't think of any reason for that issue to pop. 

It's an outlier alright. By "not real", you're thinking it got shilled that high? Wonder what CL would do about that if you're right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,963 posts
6 hours ago, october said:

Can't imagine that's real. One sold this month for $1700, and I can't think of any reason for that issue to pop. 

wow. 

F123.thumb.png.862ee747ba794552108a42c10093744a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,502 posts

Maybe supremely pressable to a 9.2 or something ridiculous?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,666 posts

It's very surprising that the Avengers #6 in CGC 7.5 just sold for $851 on ComicLink...is this book heating up again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,703 posts

Anyone else had any issue with receiving payment from Comiclink for previous auctions? Normally it takes no more than two months, but I sold some books there last year (November) and still haven't received payment. I contacted them a month ago and they said the check must have been lost in the mail and they would send another ASAP. Asked them last week to confirm whether a replacement check had been sent and was told they were busy but would look into it and get back to me. Still haven't heard anything... :censored:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,820 posts
4 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Anyone else had any issue with receiving payment from Comiclink for previous auctions? Normally it takes no more than two months, but I sold some books there last year (November) and still haven't received payment. I contacted them a month ago and they said the check must have been lost in the mail and they would send another ASAP. Asked them last week to confirm whether a replacement check had been sent and was told they were busy but would look into it and get back to me. Still haven't heard anything... :censored:

They're busy?  Not the best response in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32,135 posts
42 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

They're busy?  Not the best response in the world.

:eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,411 posts

Yeck. I've never had it take more than a month, and I've always had prompt replies. I'm curious how this resolves. It'd make me rethink using them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41,047 posts

I just got my books from the last auction! :banana: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,820 posts
2 hours ago, Moetown said:

Boy Commandos #1 fc  03.05.19.jpg

I love this book.  Tough as nails in high grade too.  Great pickup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,411 posts

Alright, I made my preview earlier today of the auction starting tomorrow and bookmarked several items. Probably just after four in particular though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
12 12