• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, greggy said:

Can't believe the 9.8 WWBN 32 sold for $50K:whatthe:

I can't figure out why this issue gets a premium at all - who the heck cares about Moon Knight?  Lame-O.

On 2/6/2019 at 7:02 AM, F For Fake said:

Aw man, congrats! I was runner up on it, apparently. Had to make myself drop out but I think you still got a good deal on it!

As for me, I struck out on everything. There wasn't much I was super interested in, and the "cheap" stuff I was interested in just got a hair beyond what I wanted to pay. Too much of a tight wad last night, apparently. Oh well.

That was one that I consigned! Glad it went to a good home. 

On 2/5/2019 at 6:42 PM, Buzzetta said:

And then there was art... I love the cover to Weird Science 16 and while I will never own that cover, for some reason this page gave me the same vibe.  I would have gone higher on it actually because of that... and it also helped that I really liked Wheeljack as a kid.

RADE5BDC2018119_16648.jpg

Whoops. Quoted the wrong post. I consigned this. Glad you got it!

7 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Speaking of Comiclink - are any of you bothered by the stickers they slap on the slabs they sell? Do you remove them? And if yes, how? Flamethrower? :flamed:

They don't bother me.  I remove them by cracking the books out of the friggin' cases.

On 3/1/2019 at 10:27 PM, Black_Adam said:

Speaking of Comiclink - are any of you bothered by the stickers they slap on the slabs they sell? Do you remove them? And if yes, how? Flamethrower? :flamed:

WD40 

Use the red straw attachment so it drizzles into the area and pools over the sticker.  Let it sit.  Sticker comes right off.  Let it air out or spray some Fabreeze in the same area and let it sit. 

2 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

This comic I bought is listed on ComicLink!

83CACB73-C682-440B-977F-97DCF253C5CE.png

that reminds me - I need to crack mine out.  But what exactly are you saying here?

On 3/1/2019 at 6:44 AM, 1Cool said:
On 2/28/2019 at 8:49 PM, greggy said:

Can't believe the 9.8 WWBN 32 sold for $50K:whatthe:

Yikes - 10x increase from a 9.6 to a 9.8.  The other 17 people holding on to their 9.8 just got very happy

As would the 72 other people holding onto 9.6 graded copies who think they can now give their copies a little more tender loving care and hug  :x squeeze them tightly until they turn into 9.8 graded copies.  lol

Totally  :screwy: price for a book with so many uber HG copies out there.  But then, to each their own.  (thumbsu

7 hours ago, lizards2 said:

that reminds me - I need to crack mine out.  But what exactly are you saying here?

This is my one win from the auction. Asking with a joke about the threads from people concerned that their comics are listed on some auction site.

On a separate note, the stuff I had for sale at auction did decidedly meh.