• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

I got the same feeling when I listed some books there last month @DavidTheDavid

I didn't like the extended bidding on ComicConnect at first, it took away some of the "eBay" auction feel for me and that's where I really had spent most of my bidding time. However, after listing a few books on there, losing a few last second bids on there and talking to some very smart friends, I think they are doing themselves a disservice by not having extended bidding.

42 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I got the same feeling when I listed some books there last month @DavidTheDavid

I didn't like the extended bidding on ComicConnect at first, it took away some of the "eBay" auction feel for me and that's where I really had spent most of my bidding time. However, after listing a few books on there, losing a few last second bids on there and talking to some very smart friends, I think they are doing themselves a disservice by not having extended bidding.

No extended bidding is only good for the discount looking buyer which is not good for the seller and I can't imagine it's good for the bottom line of the auction house.  ComicConnect has no issue getting buyers for books so I don't think there is really any reason to not have extended bidding at this point.

8 hours ago, LordRahl said:

Flash 123 in 7.0 for $6700? Am I seeing that right? Even mid grade DC's are crushing GPA highs by a factor of 4x now? 

Can't imagine that's real. One sold this month for $1700, and I can't think of any reason for that issue to pop. 

2 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:
10 hours ago, lizards2 said:

that reminds me - I need to crack mine out.  But what exactly are you saying here?

This is my one win from the auction. Asking with a joke about the threads from people concerned that their comics are listed on some auction site.

On a separate note, the stuff I had for sale at auction did decidedly meh. 

Nice pick up - looks really nice.  Did you set a new low, pay through the nose, or get it for about average?

On 3/1/2019 at 9:27 PM, Black_Adam said:

Speaking of Comiclink - are any of you bothered by the stickers they slap on the slabs they sell? Do you remove them? And if yes, how? Flamethrower? :flamed:

I hate them and so usually buy elsewhere. When I do buy from them I use olive oil to remove them.

1 hour ago, october said:

Can't imagine that's real. One sold this month for $1700, and I can't think of any reason for that issue to pop. 

It's an outlier alright. By "not real", you're thinking it got shilled that high? Wonder what CL would do about that if you're right.

Anyone else had any issue with receiving payment from Comiclink for previous auctions? Normally it takes no more than two months, but I sold some books there last year (November) and still haven't received payment. I contacted them a month ago and they said the check must have been lost in the mail and they would send another ASAP. Asked them last week to confirm whether a replacement check had been sent and was told they were busy but would look into it and get back to me. Still haven't heard anything... :censored:

4 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Anyone else had any issue with receiving payment from Comiclink for previous auctions? Normally it takes no more than two months, but I sold some books there last year (November) and still haven't received payment. I contacted them a month ago and they said the check must have been lost in the mail and they would send another ASAP. Asked them last week to confirm whether a replacement check had been sent and was told they were busy but would look into it and get back to me. Still haven't heard anything... :censored:

They're busy?  Not the best response in the world.