• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

What's with the bottom right corner? Is the slab broken or is that the seller's scanner? I noticed a few on CC looked like that... 

Noticed that as well. I think that is some kind of home-made light box to take pictures of the slabs with a smartphone (to cut down the glare).

-bc

On 3/6/2019 at 5:59 AM, Black_Adam said:

Anyone else had any issue with receiving payment from Comiclink for previous auctions? Normally it takes no more than two months, but I sold some books there last year (November) and still haven't received payment. I contacted them a month ago and they said the check must have been lost in the mail and they would send another ASAP. Asked them last week to confirm whether a replacement check had been sent and was told they were busy but would look into it and get back to me. Still haven't heard anything... :censored:

I had to harass them for my November auction payment and they sent a replacement cheque which for some reason took 2 weeks to get to me.  It was small so I didn't really care but another comic friend was owed $15K so I acted on his behalf to get his replaced as well. 

11 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

What's with the bottom right corner? Is the slab broken or is that the seller's scanner? I noticed a few on CC looked like that... 

i bid on another book with the same look, same corner.. I emailed to check if the slab was cracked,  nope it was fine, must have been the scanner 

5 minutes ago, greggy said:

I had to harass them for my November auction payment and they sent a replacement cheque which for some reason took 2 weeks to get to me.  It was small so I didn't really care but another comic friend was owed $15K so I acted on his behalf to get his replaced as well. 

After berating them by phone (when my e-mails weren't being replied to) I finally received confirmation last week a replacement cheque was being sent. I still haven't received it (but knowing yours took two weeks gives me hope). They also let me know they would be adding my payment from the January auction, thankfully reducing the odds of another cheque being "lost" in the mail.  :tonofbricks:

25 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

After berating them by phone (when my e-mails weren't being replied to) I finally received confirmation last week a replacement cheque was being sent. I still haven't received it (but knowing yours took two weeks gives me hope). They also let me know they would be adding my payment from the January auction, thankfully reducing the odds of another cheque being "lost" in the mail.  :tonofbricks:

You hadn’t gotten January either? Ugh. I’ll see how long my February focused checks takes. I may have to switch auction houses. So far I’ve never waited more than five weeks.

3 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

You hadn’t gotten January either? Ugh. I’ll see how long my February focused checks takes. I may have to switch auction houses. So far I’ve never waited more than five weeks.

In the past it has only taken six weeks or so. And that's up here in Canada where mail is delivered by dogsled across the frozen tundra. The current situation is highly irregular and, I hope, short lived.

2 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

In the past it has only taken six weeks or so. And that's up here in Canada where mail is delivered by dogsled across the frozen tundra. The current situation is highly irregular and, I hope, short lived.

I hope it doesn’t indicate cash flow problems.

19 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

Focused auction starting tonight so they'll be flush with cash soon! ;)

My January cheque got sent last Friday according to my consignment guy.

xoxo

greggy

1 hour ago, LordRahl said:

Overpaid for both of these but they look so nice relative to grade that I thought it was worth it.

planet40_cgc65.jpg

planet48_cgc75.jpg

i wonder if these were @Ricksneatstuff's copies at some point. He alsways had a thing for strong colors on Planets over actual grades.

I had to put on my sunglasses to look at that 40. So deep those reds!

1 hour ago, miraclemet said:

i wonder if these were @Ricksneatstuff's copies at some point. He alsways had a thing for strong colors on Planets over actual grades.

I had to put on my sunglasses to look at that 40. So deep those reds!

If I ever owned that 40 I would still own that 40. I missed this auction- Hake's I assume?