• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

This one was destined to come home with me.  Maybe my favorite Heath war cover, a pedigree, and signed by Russ himself. :cloud9: 

00295650865152100936167007.jpg

that's the same book I have signed by Heath, it's my #1 favorite cover of his all time.... My copy happens to be restored (some color touch on spine, touch ups to the black line to hid some of the spine ticks). I could not care less about it being restored. Your's is great, not every day you see a red pen signature!

6 hours ago, 1Cool said:

That pair of Hero For Hire 1 CGc 7.5 just highlighted why I don't understand the restored marketplace.  A restored copy with minor color touch and glue went for $110 while a blue goes for $299.  So a tiny bit of color touch and glue drops the price by 70%?? 

well thats a notoriously color touched book due to the cover. In the last couple of years its a 40-60% drop range, where BA books (since there are more of them) take a greater hit in the 60-70% range 

and there are plenty of non-restored copies available, so people can easily opt for the non-touched version. 

Is there a story about why Hulk (in the pre-code JIM comics) was renamed the Titan in the reprints? I'm assuming it has something to do with our beloved green behemoth being in print.

Cool book, btw. I googled this Fantucchio fellow ... seems he had quite the collection.

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

Is there a story about why Hulk (in the pre-code JIM comics) was renamed the Titan in the reprints? I'm assuming it has something to do with our beloved green behemoth being in print.

Cool book, btw. I googled this Fantucchio fellow ... seems he had quite the collection.

I think you are correct given the timeline - Xemnu appeared in JIM 62 (11/60)  & 66 (3/61) as "the Hulk".

Once fans latched on to that big mad gray/green dude in May 1962 thru March 1963 (Incredible Hulk issues 1-6), Stan likely wanted to keep the branding focused on the title character.

After that Xemnu is always referred to as 'the Titan" (Marvel Feature 3, IH Annual 5, etc).

2 hours ago, Gaard said:

He had an amazing collection. I snagged some Batman’s Clink auctioned a while back. 

4 hours ago, greggy said:

I got a rock

Sgt. Rock? For some reason I thought you might have been the high bidder on this one. It was a steal at only $2,255.

00173432398496112011716004.jpg

Edited by Black_Adam

6 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

Sgt. Rock? For some reason I thought you might have been the high bidder on this one. It was a steal at only $2,255.

00173432398496112011716004.jpg

The winner made a mistake by giving me time to bid at the end