• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Lobo1969 said:

Stoked to see this on CLink tonight but...

Uhmmm isn't this book a 2nd or 3rd print? Not labeled correctly by CGC?

RADB96D0201952_161642.jpg

This is NOT a first print book.  Whoever paid $1500 thinking it is, will be disappointed. 

http://www.gijoe21.com/printings.htm - Here is how to tell the difference with explanations. 

CGC dropped the ball on this one.  Comiclink should be made aware of it and someone other than the buyer should be on the hook for it. 

EDIT: To see the difference as to what the label can make.  Here is GPA for the two books:

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 9.10.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 9.10.23 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

None of my bids were even close, but I've been semi-souring on Comiclink anyways these days due to multiple issues with receiving payment for comics sold AND the fact that I still haven't received comics won (and paid for) on April 8th. :taptaptap:

(And yes I have been in contact with them, close to a dozen calls and e-mails with four different individuals in accounting and sales over the last two months  - the most recent being two days ago with zero reply - and they still haven't sorted things out)

1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

None of my bids were even close, but I've been semi-souring on Comiclink anyways these days due to multiple issues with receiving payment for comics sold AND the fact that I still haven't received comics won (and paid for) on April 8th. :taptaptap:

(And yes I have been in contact with them, close to a dozen calls and e-mails with four different individuals in accounting and sales over the last two months  - the most recent being two days ago with zero reply - and they still haven't sorted things out)

I get my chit in 2-3 days :p

Quick question.  I don't bid much on auction houses and have a few bids on Clink.  I've been leading them all week, just now I got outbid on a book, no big deal right, however the bid is only $2 more than my max bid.

For example:

I bid $2000.  The book slowly climbed up until just now I was out bid and the leading bid is now $2002.  Yet the min increment is $100.  Any insight?

2 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

Quick question.  I don't bid much on auction houses and have a few bids on Clink.  I've been leading them all week, just now I got outbid on a book, no big deal right, however the bid is only $2 more than my max bid.

For example:

I bid $2000.  The book slowly climbed up until just now I was out bid and the leading bid is now $2002.  Yet the min increment is $100.  Any insight?

There's a special screw the Canadian button.

Do you have a screenshot of the bidding amounts?

7 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

For example:

(shrug)

The other bidder earlier put in their max bid as $2002.

Once yours was entered, it goes to the next highest, no matter if it hits the minimum increment or not. The next bidder will need to bid the minimum though.

Edited by bc

The real answer is it depends on what the previous bid was before the winning bid was made.

We know that your bid was $2000 but the bid previous to that may have been 1850 or 1900 at that time.  Giving the bidding increments, anyone just has to bid one hundred dollars more at that time.  Therefore, they could have just bid 2002 at the end and will meet the bidding increment requirements. 

I can understand that if the top bid was at $2000, they would have to bid the max $2100 to win.

xoxo

greggy

3 minutes ago, bc said:

Once yours was entered, it goes to the next highest, no matter if it hits the minimum increment or not. The next bidder will need to bid the minimum though.

Normally I'd accept that but I've been leading the book since basically the auction started.  I was only out bid earlier today.

Edited by Iceman399

1 minute ago, bc said:

(shrug)

Yeah, what you said.  

2 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

Normally I'd accept that but I've been leading the book since the auction started.  I was only out bid earlier today.

Is this your first bid since then? Maybe the other person set the max then at the odd amount.

Edited by bc
spelling error #2,438

And don't the auctions start in 90 minutes?

Most CLink auction action happens in the last 10 seconds...I hope you book doesn't go any higher :wishluck: