• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

Nothing but strikeouts for me (final hammer prices seem to be getting crazier and crazier with every online auction) but I did manage to snag this one. You can never have enough Bronze Age DC in your collection and I couldn't resist this classic Dominguez cover, one of my favorites from that long-gone era.

WWT24.thumb.jpg.13937d2c44ca4f17452ecae9f6b818bc.jpg

1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

Nothing but strikeouts for me (final hammer prices seem to be getting crazier and crazier with every online auction) but I did manage to snag this one. You can never have enough Bronze Age DC in your collection and I couldn't resist this classic Dominguez cover, one of my favorites from that long-gone era.

WWT24.thumb.jpg.13937d2c44ca4f17452ecae9f6b818bc.jpg

Nice one. I really dig Dominguez's horror and western work.

Right now, I'm cheering on whoever bid me up to my limit on the last book I'm leading on. It's a "strong tracker bid" that I placed, but one that I anticipated failing easily nonetheless. But now, I'm at that point of, "I want to check out and leave with my winnings." Go stranger, bid five more dollars, I believe in you!

24 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Right now, I'm cheering on whoever bid me up to my limit on the last book I'm leading on. It's a "strong tracker bid" that I placed, but one that I anticipated failing easily nonetheless. But now, I'm at that point of, "I want to check out and leave with my winnings." Go stranger, bid five more dollars, I believe in you!

I have become the accidental owner of multiples this same exact way. I say multiples because a sane person would then let go of their undercopies.  I never let go of my undercopies

On 1/28/2020 at 1:30 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I have become the accidental owner of multiples this same exact way. I say multiples because a sane person would then let go of their undercopies.  I never let go of my undercopies

I'm still holding out hope. A copy of the same book in the same grade was listed here recently for 3x the current bid, though it didn't sell.

I have enough lots at auction to cover my winnings and get a small check, so I'd just as soon not win that book. If I do, I'll stick it on eBay and see what happens.

Tonight, I won this. I don't collect many moderns, but oh man, Alex Ross blows me away. And HQ, I think, will only grow in value over time. She's an immensely popular character with broad appeal that has, IMHO, real lasting power.

00041312394000082063208003.jpg

4 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Tonight, I won this. I don't collect many moderns, but oh man, Alex Ross blows me away. And HQ, I think, will only grow in value over time. She's an immensely popular character with broad appeal that has, IMHO, real lasting power.

I see what you mean. Truly a great cover on 2 characters that are everywhere 

Hopefully, this is it. I still need someone to up their bid by $5 so that I don't win the one book that I'm tepid about. Plus, this way I won't owe ComicLink anything with my auction proceeds. :wishluck: 

Big thanks to @paperheart for jump-starting my Miller DD collection!

00060860096000000627255018.jpg00060842396000080805121012.jpg

00501332396000080273952023.jpg00118242398000082075812009.jpg