• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Jonathan78 said:

My ComicLink order arrived this week and among the books was this issue of Astonishing Tales. It was a $6 place holder bid. Not unhappy- a Wrightson issue I needed. However, I wonder why anyone had this graded?

CFC80208-DF61-446A-A856-3199B4B2E34D.jpeg

Knowing today's CGC label-centric marketplace, any bets that the seller might even had doubled down by getting the book both pressed and graded. doh!

This is the first CL auction I've had books in, and I wanted to give a shoutout to Jason Crosby. He's been very patient with me .. answering all my questions and walking me thru the process.

My fingers have never been crossed so tight (except for the first time I played the lotto).

11 hours ago, Jonathan78 said:

My ComicLink order arrived this week and among the books was this issue of Astonishing Tales. It was a $6 place holder bid. Not unhappy- a Wrightson issue I needed. However, I wonder why anyone had this graded?

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Knowing today's CGC label-centric marketplace, any bets that the seller might even had doubled down by getting the book both pressed and graded. doh!

Someone probably told them in a facebook group that if they pressed it and graded it with the latest T shirt press that they could squeeze out a 9.9. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 2/14/2020 at 3:41 PM, Jonathan78 said:

CFC80208-DF61-446A-A856-3199B4B2E34D.jpeg

I wonder that about 95% of the slabs I see. Just enter a search on eBay for Silver Age CGC.

I gotta say, I love voldy slabs. Anecdotally, they do seem to go for less and I paid the second lowest price over 12 months, according to gocollect.

It's also why you have to wait for more money from me  @lizards2 :foryou:

Screenshot_20200303-183603.png

Edited by DavidTheDavid

12 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I gotta say, I love voldy slabs. Anecdotally, they do seem to go for less and I paid the second lowest price over 12 months, according to gocollect.

Nicely centered to boot. 

2 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I deeply understand the reorganization of priorities.:whistle:

I also don't sell here because I NEED THE GD MONEY RIGHT NOW!!!

Edited by lizards2
Oh and congrats! (But Puke Cage...,?? Ugh.)

On 3/3/2020 at 6:39 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

Got it today! Check out early, pay by phone, straight to the front of the shipping queue.:banana: