• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, SuperZar said:

The upcoming June-2020 Clink auction is at about 9000 books. Is that a record?  Just wondering how much higher it's ever been if anyone else has ever noted.

There is a limit. I’ve spoke to them around this subject. They can only sell so many books in an allotted amount of time. Going into the wee hours of the night can’t be promising to consigners either 

9 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

There is a limit. I’ve spoke to them around this subject. They can only sell so many books in an allotted amount of time. Going into the wee hours of the night can’t be promising to consigners either 

Interesting.  I'm seeing multiple listings of the same book for books I'm interested in, so I'm hopeful going into the next auction :).  This also can't be good for consighnors!

Edited by SuperZar

2 hours ago, SuperZar said:

Interesting.  I'm seeing multiple listings of the same book for books I'm interested in, so I'm hopeful going into the next auction :).  This also can't be good for consighnors!

They are always made aware of the other books in the auction. It has to be ok with both consigners to happen. I see this with other auction houses, even @mycomicshop will not allow same grades to compete. First come first serve is the rule, other guy gets bumped. Try consigning a ASM300 CGC 9.8, there is a long line to wait if you want it sold on clink with no others. Anyhoo...

7 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

I doubt I’m alone when I say that me nodding off as auctions wind down has cost sellers tens of thousands. At this point anything that ends after 10 eastern is a crapshoot. 

Bid higher, then sleep easier.  :grin:

21 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

I see this with other auction houses, even @mycomicshop will not allow same grades to compete. First come first serve is the rule, other guy gets bumped. Try consigning a ASM300 CGC 9.8, there is a long line to wait if you want it sold on clink with no others.

Yes, it would not surprise me at all if you would have to wait years, if not decades to have your CGC 9.8 graded copies of some of these relatively common hot books like ASM 300 to ever hit the auction block.  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

And yet, the CGC label collectors still continue to line up to pay ridiculous dollars for these kinds of common labels which tends to show up in every single auction.  :screwy:  

11 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, it would not surprise me at all if you would have to wait years, if not decades to have your CGC 9.8 graded copies of some of these relatively common hot books like ASM 300 to ever hit the auction block.  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

And yet, the CGC label collectors still continue to line up to pay ridiculous dollars for these kinds of common labels which tends to show up in every single auction.  :screwy:  

Demand > Supply equals ridiculous dollars regardless of total number of graded copies. Not sure why that's difficult to understand(shrug)

If anyone is looking for a Fantastic Four #49, I noticed there are a whopping TEN graded copies going on the block in the upcoming Comiclink June Focused Auction! :ohnoez: 

Does this mean that pesky planet-guzzler Galactus is no longer hot, hot, hot!?! Or does someone have some inside info on who the big baddie is going to be in the next FF flick (crossing my fingers for it to be Red Ghost and his Super-Apes). :wishluck:

13 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

If anyone is looking for a Fantastic Four #49, I noticed there are a whopping TEN graded copies going on the block in the upcoming Comiclink June Focused Auction! :ohnoez: 

Does this mean that pesky planet-guzzler Galactus is no longer hot, hot, hot!?! Or does someone have some inside info on who the big baddie is going to be in the next FF flick (crossing my fingers for it to be Red Ghost and his Super-Apes). :wishluck:

13 is a great issue. I love the cover. But Red Ghost and his Super Apes?