• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,471 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Getting a little sick of it being Dr. Doom every movie.

I would agree except, they have yet to get the good Doctor 'right'.

But to your point, Dr. Doom's story needs it's own movie. Preferably if it's done in a Fantastic Four movie instead of a stand alone, Doom should be the sequel, so he gets the right character building.

They screwed up doing his origin as well as the FF's in the same movie. 

But the first FF cinema bad guy in a reboot by all rights should be The Mole Man 

35 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

If anyone is looking for a Fantastic Four #49, I noticed there are a whopping TEN graded copies going on the block in the upcoming Comiclink June Focused Auction! :ohnoez: 

Does this mean that pesky planet-guzzler Galactus is no longer hot, hot, hot!?! Or does someone have some inside info on who the big baddie is going to be in the next FF flick (crossing my fingers for it to be Red Ghost and his Super-Apes). :wishluck:

Not sure why you would get the impression that a ton of copies means the book is no longer hot.  ???

Isn't it an indication that the book is red hot and that all of the consignors are simply hoping that they can also snag a HG for their copy and have it sell in the tens of thousands of dollars?  :wishluck:  :flipbait:

Edited by lou_fine

22 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Not sure why you would get the impression that a ton of copies means the book is no longer hot.  ???

Isn't it an indication that the book is red hot and that all of the consignors are simply hoping that they can also snag a HG for their copy and have it sell in the tens of thousands of dollars?  :wishluck:  :flipbait:

I figure they're all dumping their copies before GPA plummets, which would be fine with me because I really need a cheap 9.4 for my Galactus collection. I'm not so sure the consignors will be happy when they see all the company their copy has in the auction.

5 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

Does this mean that pesky planet-guzzler Galactus is no longer hot, hot, hot!?! Or does someone have some inside info on who the big baddie is going to be in the next FF flick

Just moving on to better investments? That was my reason. I sold most my ff and x-MEN keys. They got a huge boost when disney bought them. Will they go up some more when announced to be in movie, sure, but not enough to justify holding onto them when there are so many better returns available. I sold most mine before covid. Couldn't imagine holding onto one now. Studios are just now able to do work. Are they going to work on fantastic four or x-MEN now? They don't even know how long it will be until theaters are able to open to full capacity. Then when that day comes they have a backlog of movies to release and film first. They are not going to spend 200 million with so many ?s. Fantastic four is unproven as well. They probably think all it needs is the marvel touch but they know 100% that their current mcu characters are winners. If I found a long box full if them tomorrow I would sell them as fast as I could.

2 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

And which better investment would you buy with the proceeds? hm

Well I might just treat myself to something with it. Doesn't always have to be an investment. Could go to home improvement, taxes, who knows.

But investment wise would be stocks. Undervalued ones. I buy low and sell high on everything in life. Stocks for sure. But anything is better than bloated over speced on comics. Precious metals wouldn't be terrible. Undervalued comics, not a great investment but rather have undervalued ones with lots of growth potential. I am seriously considering investing in a startup, had success in the past so that is what I would do if you can find that right opportunity.

18 hours ago, sagii said:

I would agree except, they have yet to get the good Doctor 'right'.

But to your point, Dr. Doom's story needs it's own movie. Preferably if it's done in a Fantastic Four movie instead of a stand alone, Doom should be the sequel, so he gets the right character building.

They screwed up doing his origin as well as the FF's in the same movie. 

But the first FF cinema bad guy in a reboot by all rights should be The Mole Man 

I find myself absolutely agreeing with this actually. 

The Mole Man would have to be altered or changed a bit to fit the larger scope of the Marvel Universe.  I am not talking about anything crazy but something along the lines of what they did with the Vulture.  Making Vulture getting his gear from reclaimed Chitauri tech was actually kind of brilliant. Maybe start the movie up with the FF already in space on a ship that encounters a problem.  

Mole Man would be brilliant though.  Introduce the idea of subterranean monsters and you introduce another new realm to the Marvel Universe.   Save Dr Doom for the next big bad like they did with Thanos.  

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I find myself absolutely agreeing with this actually. 

The Mole Man would have to be altered or changed a bit to fit the larger scope of the Marvel Universe.  I am not talking about anything crazy but something along the lines of what they did with the Vulture.  Making Vulture getting his gear from reclaimed Chitauri tech was actually kind of brilliant. Maybe start the movie up with the FF already in space on a ship that encounters a problem.  

Mole Man would be brilliant though.  Introduce the idea of subterranean monsters and you introduce another new realm to the Marvel Universe.   Save Dr Doom for the next big bad like they did with Thanos.  

I love this synopsis for the plot from Fantastic Four #22. Villains' plans were far less complicated in the 1960s.

The Return of the Mole Man!, -script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by George Roussos [as G. Bell]; The Mole Man arranges for the neighbors of the Fantastic Four to complain about their activities so they will be interested when they receive an ad for an island that is for sale; When they visit the island, the Mole Man is waiting for them! 

On 5/29/2020 at 12:08 PM, SuperZar said:

The upcoming June-2020 Clink auction is at about 9000 books. Is that a record?  Just wondering how much higher it's ever been if anyone else has ever noted.

This is a massive auction, taken me over 2 hours to "quickly" browse through everything

On 6/12/2020 at 8:32 AM, Lobo1969 said:
On 5/29/2020 at 11:08 AM, SuperZar said:

The upcoming June-2020 Clink auction is at about 9000 books. Is that a record?  Just wondering how much higher it's ever been if anyone else has ever noted.

This is a massive auction, taken me over 2 hours to "quickly" browse through everything

Although they certainly do have the quantity in there, I am not so sure about the quality that's in there though.  (shrug)

I went through the entire 11 pages for the GA books and found only 1 possible book of interest to me, as everything else just seem rather ho hum from either a character (i.e. title) or condition point of view.  Then again, with all of the increasing frequency of auctions that's being done by everybody, this seems to be a problem not only for CL, but also the other major auction houses like Heritage and CC.  :p

On 6/9/2020 at 8:40 PM, Myowncollector said:

Just moving on to better investments? That was my reason. I sold most my ff and x-MEN keys. They got a huge boost when disney bought them. Will they go up some more when announced to be in movie, sure, but not enough to justify holding onto them when there are so many better returns available. I sold most mine before covid. Couldn't imagine holding onto one now. Studios are just now able to do work. Are they going to work on fantastic four or x-MEN now? They don't even know how long it will be until theaters are able to open to full capacity. Then when that day comes they have a backlog of movies to release and film first. They are not going to spend 200 million with so many ?s. Fantastic four is unproven as well. They probably think all it needs is the marvel touch but they know 100% that their current mcu characters are winners. If I found a long box full if them tomorrow I would sell them as fast as I could.

X-Men keys are still running from what I can see, and prices are higher now than they were Jan-Feb pre-COVID. The COVID payouts are flowing into collectibles as well as the stock market now.

Edited by kimik

21 minutes ago, kimik said:

X-Men keys are still running from what I can see, and prices are higher now than they were Jan-Feb pre-COVID. The COVID payouts are flowing into collectibles as well as the stock market now.

I haven't been following them that closely. I love xmen but when they practically doubled in value I thought it was a good time to sell them. Put that $ somewhere else to work. If they triple in value the next few years then bad move for sure. I sold too early before so not always right. 

43 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:
1 hour ago, kimik said:

I haven't been following them that closely. I love xmen but when they practically doubled in value I thought it was a good time to sell them. Put that $ somewhere else to work. If they triple in value the next few years then bad move for sure. I sold too early before so not always right. 

It definitely sounds as though you are much more into trying to time the market, as opposed to spending time in the market.  hm

From my point of view, it's all good as it's really a case of to each their own, I would have to say.  (thumbsu

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

It definitely sounds as though you are much more into trying to time the market, as opposed to spending time in the market.  hm

From my point of view, it's all good as it's really a case of to each their own, I would have to say.  (thumbsu

I sell what people are buying. Buy what isn't in demand. Buy low sell high. I want homeruns, not steady growth. Treat everything in life that way. I love comics. Collected them because I enjoyed it. Never looked at them as an investment, more like a savings account or cd, they kept up with inflation. When prices jumped up in 2012 I had to start looking at them as assets. A lot of these books doubled in 2018, are they going to double again when movie comes out? I dunno, I don't think so but the comic market surprises me. I sure as heck wasn't speculating on guardians of the galaxy. Didn't see the covid effect coming. Is stark and Rodgers gone for good? If they do come back will their books drastically go up? I love comics, just some have peaked as far as investment return. At this point in my life I enjoy the wheeling and dealing more than admiring my portfolio or collection. 

Edited by Myowncollector
Spell check is trash changing wasn't to was. What the