• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

I was just remarking to another 

1 minute ago, 90sChild said:

Err I'm confused how this happened.

EkbAldQ.png

There are a couple of interesting purchases tonight. 

I guess it "worked out" for me after all.  :) I proxy bid $533 on this and only got bid up to $504..  First book I've bought from HA in a year or so.
Anyone care to look up GPA averages for me?  I see 9.0 selling for $1000 and 9.2 selling for $1500 so I figured 8.5 and $500 was a good price despite the gocollect average at $425.

22567201%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

Edited by 90sChild

1 hour ago, 90sChild said:

Here's another one raising my eyebrows at.  I feel real foolish now for putting a winning proxy bid in before the auction started.

FBYONvk.png

I was watching that one and walked away from it. 

Does Heritage ship art and comics together? I forget... can't remember if they do or if they are like Comiclink and do not. 

On 5/30/2020 at 11:18 PM, LordRahl said:

Demand > Supply equals ridiculous dollars regardless of total number of graded copies. Not sure why that's difficult to understand(shrug)

More like - hide the supply to keep the demand.

Not new, De Beers has been doing this with diamonds for over 100 years.

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Does Heritage ship art and comics together? I forget... can't remember if they do or if they are like Comiclink and do not. 

Yes they do. The art is in a folder while the comics are in a smaller box, and both are put in a bigger box.

Also, I too noticed some really high prices last night on Heritage. I think enough people have stopped looking on e-bay (I will admit to be one of them) and just stick to their new habits without looking elsewhere. Here's the lot I walked away from, whoever bought this overpaid by a couple hundreds https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/golden-age-superhero-group-of-4-dc-fawcett-1941-43-condition-average-gd-total-4-/a/122028-13259.s?ic2=mybidspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyBids-101116

21 hours ago, 90sChild said:

I guess it "worked out" for me after all.  :) I proxy bid $533 on this and only got bid up to $504..  First book I've bought from HA in a year or so.
Anyone care to look up GPA averages for me?  I see 9.0 selling for $1000 and 9.2 selling for $1500 so I figured 8.5 and $500 was a good price despite the gocollect average at $425.

That is a nice book. Congrats.

If you still need the GPA numbers.

Only two sales this year.  Yours at $504 and one in April at $408. 

12 month average is $456 (4 sales)

2019 average is $432 (3 sales)

2018 average is $660 (1 sale)

On 7/6/2020 at 12:49 PM, JakeM said:

I was kind of surprised this book went for the price it did. This exact copy got flipped twice last year according to GPA. This one will now stick around in our collection for a while. I adore this wild cover.

lf.jpeg

"Inferno" cover...  (worship)

33 minutes ago, telerites said:

That is a nice book. Congrats.

If you still need the GPA numbers.

Only two sales this year.  Yours at $504 and one in April at $408. 

12 month average is $456 (4 sales)

2019 average is $432 (3 sales)

2018 average is $660 (1 sale)

Thanks! interesting 2018 average..  As the hobby moves more and more towards 1st appearances being the only thing that matters these are the kind of books that come down a bit.  I wanted this to replace my X-Men #9 which is pricier across all grades and nearly double in 8.5; despite the FF being 6 months older and the two books both being popular for the same reasons.  (1st crossovers).  I think I like the Kirby art on this one a tad more too, the colors pop better off the white background.

2 hours ago, 90sChild said:

As the hobby moves more and more towards 1st appearances being the only thing that matters these are the kind of books that come down a bit. 

Yes, I have noticed that as well with the second appearance of the Justice League losing its value by half within the past 5 years. It`s really first appearance of GTFO in most cases. Makes sense though, first appearance books are the main books that will get demand from people outside the hobby, and it's not like the supply can ever increase. So everyone wants to make sure they have their copy, and thus there is less money spent on other books instead.

On 7/12/2020 at 7:52 PM, 90sChild said:

Err I'm confused how this happened.

EkbAldQ.png

A lot of purchases on Heritage don't make sense. I've been guilty of a couple of them before. Sometimes merely as a result of pressing the bid button right as someone else has pressed it. It happens.

On 7/12/2020 at 9:15 PM, NP_Gresham said:

More like - hide the supply to keep the demand.

Not new, De Beers has been doing this with diamonds for over 100 years.

Who is hiding the supply exactly? Anyone can go look at the CGC census and feebay and figure out real quick that a book like ASM 300 is plentiful.

2 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

Who is hiding the supply exactly? Anyone can go look at the CGC census and feebay and figure out real quick that a book like ASM 300 is plentiful.

Comiclink listing one at a time.

Put them all out there at once. See what happens

ASM#300 is as common in 9.8 as dirt.

More copies than collectors.

Like I said, de beers has done this for a century.

There is nothing rare about diamonds.