• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

Comiclink listing one at a time.

Put them all out there at once. See what happens

ASM#300 is as common in 9.8 as dirt.

More copies than collectors.

Like I said, de beers has done this for a century.

There is nothing rare about diamonds.

You are right but I think they are limiting it to two copies these days.   The last few CLink auctions have had multiple copies of the same book in grade.

Action Comics 869 Recalled Edition which is not as common as ASM 300 had three copies at 9.8 in this past auction with only one of them being a signed copy.  There was a fourth copy present at 9.6.  While not a 9.8, still curious to put all four books together. 

ASM 300 - CGC 9.6 x 2. CGC 9.4 x 2, CBCS 9.4, CGC 9.2, CGC 9.0 x 2, CGC 8.5.

For some reason though they did not run a 9.8 in this past auction.  (None that popped up in the search at least) However they have one in the next one that opens on 7/16 and another one that opens in the August auction.  With the absence of a 9.8 in this previous auction, I don't know if they are holding the higher grade copies back or there simply wasn't one to run in the auction. 

15 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

Put them all out there at once. See what happens

ASM#300 is as common in 9.8 as dirt.

More copies than collectors.

Like I said, de beers has done this for a century.

There is nothing rare about diamonds.

I guess I missed the part where CL took over the world and is the only place you can buy a 9.8 ASM 300. But seriously, you do know that just because one venue out of hundreds limits the amount of a certain grade they put at auction at any given time does not mean that the supply for the entire market is being artificially manipulated, right? It's ONE venue, there are many more. Not to mention that they are only limiting it per auction so just wait for the next auction and there will be more or go on feebay, or comicconnect or any dealer website etc etc.

16 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

Isn't clink (and all auction houses) in the business of maximizing lot value? 

Putting them all in one auction wouldn't have the best return results possible, so why do it as long as the sellers agree to the terms.

2 hours ago, LordRahl said:

I guess I missed the part where CL took over the world and is the only place you can buy a 9.8 ASM 300. But seriously, you do know that just because one venue out of hundreds limits the amount of a certain grade they put at auction at any given time does not mean that the supply for the entire market is being artificially manipulated, right? It's ONE venue, there are many more. Not to mention that they are only limiting it per auction so just wait for the next auction and there will be more or go on feebay, or comicconnect or any dealer website etc etc.

The job of a consignment director is to actually structure the flow of books in their auctions so that you, the buyer, maximize profit with your book.  If you get the best price, then you are more likely to consign more books to their auctions which in turn increases their revenue.  All of the major auction houses are limiting to some degree the flow of books in their auctions. 

The big three seem to be doing it: Heritage, ComicConnect, and Comiclink with their auctions.  You are correct though that there are many different venues.  I wanted to pick up another copy of a book.  I had the lowest priced copy in grade that I was looking at open as I was bidding on the book on ComicLink.   If the bidding exceeded that eBay price I would stop bidding on the book on CLink and hit the BIN on eBay

You are definitely right that there are a lot of venues for certain books. 

Just now, batman_fan said:

I finally got my ComicConnect winnings (just one book).  Looks great in hand but I will examine it more closely on Thursday.

spiderman115me.jpg

Nice pickup.  I've been tempted to extend my slabbed run from AF15 - 100 to issue 200.  I already have all the keys of that 101 - 200 and when I see books like you just posted I am very tempted.  Nice pickup.  That book really does pop. 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

Nice pickup.  I've been tempted to extend my slabbed run from AF15 - 100 to issue 200.  I already have all the keys of that 101 - 200 and when I see books like you just posted I am very tempted.  Nice pickup.  That book really does pop. 

Thanks, some of my favorite storylines are in the 100 to 170ish range.  I love so many of the covers like 132, 133, 139, 151, etc.

My recommendation would be to hold off pursuing any issues between 100 and 200 until I am done lol

Just now, batman_fan said:

Thanks, some of my favorite storylines are in the 100 to 170ish range.  I love so many of the covers like 132, 133, 139, 151, etc.

My recommendation would be to hold off pursuing any issues between 100 and 200 until I am done lol

lol 

16 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

NICE Run! I'm sooo jealous! 

On 7/14/2020 at 10:17 AM, Buzzetta said:

You are right but I think they are limiting it to two copies these days.   The last few CLink auctions have had multiple copies of the same book in grade.

Action Comics 869 Recalled Edition which is not as common as ASM 300 had three copies at 9.8 in this past auction with only one of them being a signed copy.  There was a fourth copy present at 9.6.  While not a 9.8, still curious to put all four books together. 

ASM 300 - CGC 9.6 x 2. CGC 9.4 x 2, CBCS 9.4, CGC 9.2, CGC 9.0 x 2, CGC 8.5.

For some reason though they did not run a 9.8 in this past auction.  (None that popped up in the search at least) However they have one in the next one that opens on 7/16 and another one that opens in the August auction.  With the absence of a 9.8 in this previous auction, I don't know if they are holding the higher grade copies back or there simply wasn't one to run in the auction. 

image.thumb.png.57ff7edec0b15b31e4ffc826860315fb.png

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I think I will have another chance to land one then !

These are my last copies.

These all came from a former LCS manager.  Turns out people don't really destroy recalled books when they are supposed to so he had a bunch.  I bought over 20 and all came back 9.8 except the one 9.6 that was mentioned by you earlier.  He also had a ton of those recalled All Star Batman and Robin ones but those are essentially worthless.