• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,477 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i've only been in this for 7 years, but the clear lesson in that time seems to be to never sell a single thing! very sweet book and price too. 

Oh yeah. If you sold anything decent other than Avengers 55 in the last decade you have lived to regret it. 

15 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i've only been in this for 7 years, but the clear lesson in that time seems to be to never sell a single thing! very sweet book and price too. 

I can say the same. If only I held onto some of those GA Detectives I sold 5 years ago, I would have at least doubled my money today.

On 12/9/2020 at 10:09 AM, october said:

My old copy. I had trouble moving it at $3000 about 10 years ago. My how times have changed.

Do you think over any time period, this is the most you left on the table?

I wonder how some of those chaps feel present day who were selling GA and SA keys in the 80s. I guess it's no different then me selling out of my AAPL position ten years ago. 

I had one of those facepalm moments on CLink this week - I bid on a book that I thought was undervalued in the auction.  I looked at the label and did my research and decided to make an aggressive bid that was still under market value with the complete expectation that I was going to be outbid immediately.  Lo and behold, I was not and I was the high bidder.  That got me thinking a little and I looked at the listing  bit closer.  What I thought I was bidding on, and what the CGC label said, was a first print, however, in the listing it said that it was a label error that was currently being fixed by CGC because it was a second printing.  Up until about 15 minutes before the end of the auction I was still the highest bidder when someone else outbid me and created a new high for that book.  Dodged a bullet but left me with a sense that I need to read the listing completely before I place my next bid.  Live and learn.

3 hours ago, JazzMan said:

I had one of those facepalm moments on CLink this week - I bid on a book that I thought was undervalued in the auction.  I looked at the label and did my research and decided to make an aggressive bid that was still under market value with the complete expectation that I was going to be outbid immediately.  Lo and behold, I was not and I was the high bidder.  That got me thinking a little and I looked at the listing  bit closer.  What I thought I was bidding on, and what the CGC label said, was a first print, however, in the listing it said that it was a label error that was currently being fixed by CGC because it was a second printing.  Up until about 15 minutes before the end of the auction I was still the highest bidder when someone else outbid me and created a new high for that book.  Dodged a bullet but left me with a sense that I need to read the listing completely before I place my next bid.  Live and learn.

Bet that was a relief!!