• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,470 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

This was maybe a good deal, but, like, I did not need to win another book in this auction.

I scored one more unnecessary book for $23 in last night's "chum" round. 
00758691690000113699119022.jpg

Edited by lizards2

1 minute ago, bpc3qh said:

Thank you, for helping me see that I'm not alone in spending a small amount of money on a pretty yet unnecessary book at the end of an auction.

:banana: Look at all the money I am "saving" by spreading out the postage costs!!!  :banana: 

5 hours ago, Funnybooks said:

The book came free with the slab for $23

I actually like these goofy books like Jigsaw, but there are a lot of carp in slabs out there - just take a swing through eBay or the "chum" nights on comiclink - who the heck slabs all this drek?

The Jigsaw will probably be shed of it's $23 slab, which will end up at the landfill.

3 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:
17 hours ago, lizards2 said:

who the heck slabs all this drek?

Folks that know people like you will buy it?

Actually, in 99% of the cases, they don't make enough $ back to pay for the slabbing fees. 

17 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I actually like these goofy books like Jigsaw, but there are a lot of carp in slabs out there - just take a swing through eBay or the "chum" nights on comiclink - who the heck slabs all this drek?

The Jigsaw will probably be shed of it's $23 slab, which will end up at the landfill.

The only thing worse than having that slab in your collection, is having that book raw in your collection. :p

3 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

The only thing worse than having that slab in your collection, is having that book raw in your collection. :p

I'm pretty sure it is not the only Jigsaw in the comic boxes. and I'm pretty sure the other ones are still in slabs, as well. Might be time for a crack-out party!!! :banana: 

On 2/4/2021 at 2:37 PM, lizards2 said:

Well, I don’t know but I could take a wild guess as to what accounts for at least some of it. 

Comic Link offers a 20% discount on CGC grading fees if you submit through them with the intent of having the books listed in the next auction. 

I don’t know what the requirements are now, but years ago when I looked into it you had to submit a minimum of 20-25 books. 

So I can see a consigner getting to within 3-4 books of hitting the threshold and tossing in some books like the Jigsaw....which is a decent condition book....just the fill out the submission. 

Yes, the Jigsaw didn’t even make back the grading fees, but if all the other books they submitted were solid books, then getting the 20% discount more than makes up for the 3-4 “drek” books that only get 60% + of the grading fee back. 

Of course, it would be better to just wait until you have 25 quality books to send (assuming that’s still the requirement) but you know, flippers be flippin’.  

Edited by Number 6

IM 100:  Looked and looked, and probably not looking in the right places...but this is something I've been chasing with white pages for a while. Shockingly, less than 50 blue label 9.8s out there, just 5 yellow labels.

G.I. Joe: Trojan Gambit #nn This is something I had no idea what it was, but the 1984 me bought it.  Turns out its a collection of issue #3 (which is the same story from the GI Joe: ARAH series,) but also includes issues #6 and 7, the Oktober Guard issues.  Census:  1 submission. This book. Thats it. WTH.

IM 100 455 January 31, 2021.jpg

GI Joe Trojan 101 January 31, 2021.jpg

6 minutes ago, bluehorseshoe said:

IM 100:  Looked and looked, and probably not looking in the right places...but this is something I've been chasing with white pages for a while. Shockingly, less than 50 blue label 9.8s out there, just 5 yellow labels.

G.I. Joe: Trojan Gambit #nn This is something I had no idea what it was, but the 1984 me bought it.  Turns out its a collection of issue #3 (which is the same story from the GI Joe: ARAH series,) but also includes issues #6 and 7, the Oktober Guard issues.  Census:  1 submission. This book. Thats it. WTH.

IM 100 455 January 31, 2021.jpg

GI Joe Trojan 101 January 31, 2021.jpg

I had my eye on that IM 100. It got to be more than I was wanting to pay given my other purchases. Maybe next time.

43 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:

I had my eye on that IM 100. It got to be more than I was wanting to pay given my other purchases. Maybe next time.

The last one I saw was on eBay maybe about a month ago, and it went off for around 380 I think, and then I didn’t see one until the CLink auction. More than I wanted to pay, just didn’t want to miss the boat again.

So I was able to avenge one of 2020 losses with this one here. Thankfully the price didn’t jump like some other books I’ve been chasing :mad:  Got my 32 already. Need a nice 1.  That was another one of my losses last year. I think I went punch for punch with the same person probably on that one and a nice high grade TOD 1. I did win the drac book but lost on the WWBN 1 possibly to one of you fine fellows. 

FD50BFBE-DF51-4CBA-BA74-D15DAEE71DBB.jpeg