• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, jr70 said:

So I was able to avenge one of 2020 losses with this one here. Thankfully the price didn’t jump like some other books I’ve been chasing :mad:  Got my 32 already. Need a nice 1.  That was another one of my losses last year. I think I went punch for punch with the same person probably on that one and a nice high grade TOD 1. I did win the drac book but lost on the WWBN 1 possibly to one of you fine fellows. 

FD50BFBE-DF51-4CBA-BA74-D15DAEE71DBB.jpeg

I'm sorry for your loss :foryou: 

On 2/5/2021 at 6:02 PM, jr70 said:

So I was able to avenge one of 2020 losses with this one here. Thankfully the price didn’t jump like some other books I’ve been chasing :mad:  Got my 32 already. Need a nice 1.  That was another one of my losses last year. I think I went punch for punch with the same person probably on that one and a nice high grade TOD 1. I did win the drac book but lost on the WWBN 1 possibly to one of you fine fellows. 

FD50BFBE-DF51-4CBA-BA74-D15DAEE71DBB.jpeg

Nice find, amazing cover :golfclap:

4 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Nice find, amazing cover :golfclap:

Hey thanks.  Over the past year or so I've really just given up on finding high grade raw silver or bronze keys or the ever frustrating DARK/BLACK cover.  With that I had to embrace the slab and a lot of my wins during 2020 were those dark cover books.  But when you find one in grade...wow!

Edited by jr70

On 2/6/2021 at 9:13 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Won these two books on Comic Connect late last month. It was a bit of a disconnect on the shipping though. Had been looking for World of Mystery #1 for a couple of years before finding this copy.

They like to drill you on shipping.

7 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

I am 0 in 5 tonight on Comiclink, some of the prices realized were just totally amazing if not insane :ohnoez:

After the last auction, I am atoning this time and bidding less (fewer books and lower bids). So far it's having its intended effect. So far.

6 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

I am 0 in 5 tonight on Comiclink, some of the prices realized were just totally amazing if not insane :ohnoez:

Yeah, I’m not even sure if I would be disappointed if I lost, might actually be a good thing. 

There’s several books I’m interested in starting in March but not sure if I’ll even bother throwing anything more than a tracking bid in. 

1 hour ago, pickycollector said:

I see significant increases (25%-60%) in prices within two months for many of the books that were offered for sale tonight, anyone has an explanation? ???

:censored: Knows, but a book I was after jumped from $145 to $550 tonight and there is still 5 days left to go on it, needless to say I won't be bidding on that. 

Last night was my first time trying to use Comiclink.  I bid on the FF #4 at 5.5WP and was the high bidder up until zero seconds.  Thought I had won until I refreshed the page and it says "you've been outbid."

First and last time I ever use that auction site...  I prefer real auctions free from bid-sniping software.

If anyone has an FF4 they would like to sell, though... I need one to fill a crucial gap in my early FFs.

3 hours ago, ronnieramone said:

Last night was my first time trying to use Comiclink.  I bid on the FF #4 at 5.5WP and was the high bidder up until zero seconds.  Thought I had won until I refreshed the page and it says "you've been outbid."

First and last time I ever use that auction site...  I prefer real auctions free from bid-sniping software.

If anyone has an FF4 they would like to sell, though... I need one to fill a crucial gap in my early FFs.

Did you keep refreshing the page?

11 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Yeah, I’m not even sure if I would be disappointed if I lost, might actually be a good thing. 

There’s several books I’m interested in starting in March but not sure if I’ll even bother throwing anything more than a tracking bid in. 

March has some really good books I want. One especially which does not come on the market often. Really worried about how it will turn out. Will keep you all posted if I win it or not. 

These books aren't ludicrously pricey but I just don't want to pay $500 on a book that was $150 last year and might be again next year. Feels like buying a Marvel Premier 15 9.8 in 2016

image.thumb.png.1a8aecc832bfb4616864bce88e62e059.png

11 hours ago, pickycollector said:

I see significant increases (25%-60%) in prices within two months for many of the books that were offered for sale tonight, anyone has an explanation? ???

Yes, it's asset class inflation. People have lots of money to spend that isn't being spent elsewhere. Think of all the more affluent people who pay 10 grand and more on vacations yearly. They still have that money and now we are seeing it flood all investment markets, including the collectible market.

I

1 hour ago, piper said:

Did you keep refreshing the page?

No, I am a software engineer, so I assumed they have a socket open updating the status in real-time.  The ticking clock seemed real enough.  Expecting users to refresh the page every second is unacceptable in 2021.

I am a bit spoiled in my line of work so I forget how bad some web applications are.  Comiclink is pretty miserable, in my opinion.  I'll stick to Heritage and ComicConnect.

3 minutes ago, ronnieramone said:

No, I am a software engineer, so I assumed they have a socket open updating the status in real-time.  The ticking clock seemed real enough.  Expecting users to refresh the page every second is unacceptable in 2021.

I am a bit spoiled in my line of work so I forget how bad some web applications are.  Comiclink is pretty miserable, in my opinion.  I'll stick to Heritage and ComicConnect.

I agree but sometimes there books are more affordable. I don’t like Comic Connect but still find myself buying books from them.  Sorry you missed out on your book.