• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,471 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, piper said:

I agree but sometimes there books are more affordable. I don’t like Comic Connect but still find myself buying books from them.  Sorry you missed out on your book.

Thanks, but I am probably inconsolable at the moment.  This one wasn't exactly affordable, but I still would have paid more than the final bid price if I'd had the opportunity to even realize that I needed to.  I've been hunting this book for years and this copy was the one.  Now it is gone.

I am the opposite when it comes to Comic Connect, though.  I have had fantastic success with them.  I've almost certainly spent more with Vincent's group than any other dealer or auction site over the years.  I don't think it is even close.

A friend of mine pointed me in the direction of Comiclink because he gets stuff from there a lot.  I've had an account open for a while and I made a throw-away bid once just to try it out, but this was my first time seriously using it.  For me, last night was a truly awful collecting experience.  I am not in this hobby to experience such disappointment and failure and to feel so helpless about it.  First and last time for me.  I am afraid I will never get the rotten taste of this out of my mouth.

I did reach out to Harley by email to see if maybe he can help locate a comparable copy through other means.  Someone out there is willing to sell if the price is right.  I just need help to widen the search.  Waiting around passively for the next one to come up at auction is not working for this book.  I need to be more aggressive than that to get what I want.

1 minute ago, ronnieramone said:

Thanks, but I am probably inconsolable at the moment.  This one wasn't exactly affordable, but I still would have paid more than the final bid price if I'd had the opportunity to even realize that I needed to.  I've been hunting this book for years and this copy was the one.  Now it is gone.

I am the opposite when it comes to Comic Connect, though.  I have had fantastic success with them.  I've almost certainly spent more with Vincent's group than any other dealer or auction site over the years.  I don't think it is even close.

A friend of mine pointed me in the direction of Comiclink because he gets stuff from there a lot.  I've had an account open for a while and I made a throw-away bid once just to try it out, but this was my first time seriously using it.  For me, last night was a truly awful collecting experience.  I am not in this hobby to experience such disappointment and failure and to feel so helpless about it.  First and last time for me.  I am afraid I will never get the rotten taste of this out of my mouth.

I did reach out to Harley by email to see if maybe he can help locate a comparable copy through other means.  Someone out there is willing to sell if the price is right.  I just need help to widen the search.  Waiting around passively for the next one to come up at auction is not working for this book.  I need to be more aggressive than that to get what I want.

FF 4 is a fairly common book in mid grade.  You will find a copy.

55 minutes ago, ronnieramone said:

No, I am a software engineer, so I assumed they have a socket open updating the status in real-time.  The ticking clock seemed real enough.  Expecting users to refresh the page every second is unacceptable in 2021.

I am a bit spoiled in my line of work so I forget how bad some web applications are.  Comiclink is pretty miserable, in my opinion.  I'll stick to Heritage and ComicConnect.

Comic Connect auctions have been substantially weak compared to what they once were to be honest -

Comiclink seems to be bringing in the better stuff of the two. 

1 hour ago, ronnieramone said:

No, I am a software engineer, so I assumed they have a socket open updating the status in real-time.  The ticking clock seemed real enough.  Expecting users to refresh the page every second is unacceptable in 2021.

OOOoof, you were in for a rough awakening with Comiclink. That site still operates like it was 2005. Wait till you get that spider 404 page. Always takes me back to 1998.

You're talking about real time and that site doesn't even let you track a book without bidding on it.

Also, by all means go on Heritage and enjoy paying 10% more + extra credit card fees. Hope that real time is worth it.

Edited by William-James88

18 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

OOOoof, you were in for a rough awakening with Comiclink. That site still operates like it was 2005. Wait till you get that spider 404 page. Always takes me back to 1998.

You're talking about real time and that site doesn't even let you track a book without bidding on it.

Also, by all means go on Heritage and enjoy paying 10% more + extra credit card fees. Hope that real time is worth it.

I’m reminding myself to bid with MCS next month... :baiting:

The suggestion to look more closely with them is a good one. 

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

Marvel Super-Heroes #13 CGC 9.6 sold for $16,450 :screwy:

The price went from $8,000 to the final result within the last 5 minutes

I hope it’s that cheap when I decide to go after one

5 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Personally I really like the ComicLink site. Until recently when they screwed up the search function.

6 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I’m reminding myself to bid with MCS next month... :baiting:

The suggestion to look more closely with them is a good one. 

As a regular consignor to MCS, I support all suggestions to drive more traffic to their auctions. 

I am just going to flat out say it.  When I see things like this, I really start to think about whether or not collectables are being used as a dumping ground for money that needs to be disposed of. 

Edited by Buzzetta

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I am just going to flat out say it.  When I see things like this, I really start to think about whether or not collectables are being used as a dumping ground for money that needs to be disposed of. 

If so, they're getting a horrible exchange rate.