• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,471 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, canickus said:

In regards to GS Cap 1, here is where you have to be a little careful with GPA.  The GPA point you reference is based on one sale last year.  GPA only has five sales of a gem mint copy of that book since 2010, or one copy every 2 years or so. The book has traded higher in private transactions and there are only 7 copies of a popular title in the popular run headlined by GS X-Men 1. 

It is always a bit counter intuitive, but I have usually made more money buying books where I set the new GPA record high price than buying books at a GPA discount.   

if you can find a GS Cap 9.8 for $600 bucks, I would hit it fast, but I suspect that those days are gone. 

Anyway, that is my 2 cents.

I take your point, but come on, $3300? I can't imagine many collectors wanting to pay that sort of coin even for a 9.8, but of course the bar has been set now and it will be expected .

6 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

This time around Clink was about dodging landmines.  Good lord, those boys up in ME had a good month. These three were for GPA or less, minus the AV 58, which was 8% over GPA, but this book (at least by GPA info) hadnt seen the market in 4 years.

Avengers 58 Pacific Coast 677 February 26, 2021.jpg

You actually got this for a decent price. 

On 3/2/2021 at 2:34 AM, batmiesta said:

Yeah! Bargain compared to some nose bleed prices on other more common books. 

Can someone explain why someone paid $3350 for G/S Captain America #1 9.8  when the GPA is $600 ? Or why someone paid $4100 for a G/S Avengers #1 9.8 when the GPA is $960 ? I mean what the actual :censored: ? (shrug)

Also the $3988 for Werewolf by Night #33 in CGC 9.6...a 9.6 mind you when the last GPA sale is like 1300 I think.  Glad I have a copy.

I think I am going to start calling all my bids tracking bids from here on out. I am trying to sneak in some missing FF books from my run and was flat out killed by more aggressive tracking bids. I really liked that FF75 9.8 but $7K whoa, I was hoping the one sold in January would have taken the must have collector out.

1 hour ago, bluehorseshoe said:

All those Giant Sized books went for well over GPA...I have tracking bids on maybe 20 of them, and they all went for bezerk high bids. Beautiful book!

Yes, never thought the 9.8 GS MOKF #3 would go for $1200! ...Only three on the Census so the shark frenzy bidding was intense and these people have money to spend. 

On 2/28/2021 at 5:44 AM, Gaard said:

Is it just me, or did CL do away with their search function? I guess you still have the option of using that tiny search function at the top of the page, but I preferred the other one. You know, old age/larger fonts. :preach:

I've tried to call them 3 times already to tell them their search function is incredibly screwed up. The old search function was perfect. Now it's gone completely. Why on earth as a comic book/auction web site, would you take away the most important tool of the entire web site??? Someone should be fired.

21 hours ago, musicmeta said:

Yes, never thought the 9.8 GS MOKF #3 would go for $1200! ...Only three on the Census so the shark frenzy bidding was intense and these people have money to spend. 

I tapped out at $550 which I thought was a acceptable price for that book, or should I say a price I was happy to pay for it, I would ideally like a 9.6 but chanced my arm when this 9.8 came along, but you have to draw the line somewhere, or at least some of do. ¬¬