• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,471 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, joeypost said:

At least two people "think" it may have upgrade potential. I did the same thing with a book I was outbid on last week, only I didn't go to eBay, I simply went to ComicLinks exchange and found the same book with better page quality for $234.00 less.

I can understand this and someone paying $100-$150 more, but a $1000 ? Just nuts to me. 

25 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

I can understand this and someone paying $100-$150 more, but a $1000 ? Just nuts to me. 

This is what I think happened:

Bidder 1 bid a very high amount, let's say $2,000.  They thought that this way they secured the book no matter what.  He counted on nobody bidding an outlandish amount.

Bidder 2 comes in, sees a price that they see as soft and places a snipe bid of $1,100 (maybe thinking it's an FF Annual 2 and not GS FF 2).

Bidder 1 has a higher bid entered already, and the automatic increment kicks in and the final hammer price is $1,200.  Two haphazard bidders get each other in trouble.  I don't think it's because they thought the comic was worth it or on speculation.

6 minutes ago, JazzMan said:

Bidder 1 bid a very high amount, let's say $2,000.  They thought that this way they secured the book no matter what.  He counted on nobody bidding an outlandish amount.

Bidder 2 comes in, sees a price that they see as soft and places a snipe bid of $1,100 (maybe thinking it's an FF Annual 2 and not GS FF 2).

Bidder 1 has a higher bid entered already, and the automatic increment kicks in and the final hammer price is $1,200.  Two haphazard bidders get each other in trouble.  I don't think it's because they thought the comic was worth it or on speculation.

I think this is bang on.(thumbsu And is bloody stupid.

Edited by batmiesta

12 minutes ago, JazzMan said:

I didn't know you could snipe on Comiclink (shrug)

1 minute ago, pickycollector said:

I didn't know you could snipe on Comiclink (shrug)

The countdown timer is there and you can place a bid while it's winding down to zero.  It doesn't add time like in some other auction houses.  I have lost many, many times within the last 5-10 seconds of the auction.

2 minutes ago, JazzMan said:

The countdown timer is there and you can place a bid while it's winding down to zero.  It doesn't add time like in some other auction houses.  I have lost many, many times within the last 5-10 seconds of the auction.

Ok so that is not a sniper tool like the one you can use on eBay (Auction Sniper), you still need to be in front of your computer in order to bid live.

1 minute ago, pickycollector said:

Ok so that is not a sniper tool like the one you can use on eBay (Auction Sniper), you still need to be in front of your computer in order to bid live.

Exactly.  Not through a snipe bot.

56 minutes ago, JazzMan said:

I think the same thing happened with this book, unless there is something about it that I don't know. 

Giant size Dracula #2 $838

2 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

I think the same thing happened with this book, unless there is something about it that I don't know. 

Giant size Dracula #2 $838

Yup, sure does.  Closed at 10:52:05

3/24/2021 10:52:00 PM ET  $838
3/24/2021 10:52:00 PM ET  $788
3/24/2021 10:51:59 PM ET  $276

5 hours ago, joeypost said:

Looks like 1.5 guide is the jumping off point these days. 

This is the only book I have won (and come close to final hammer price recently).

CM1.thumb.jpg.df1240c7940a96e618f2ad4ec047fc02.jpg

Great book Joey!

Maybe these bidders got blown out on more expensive first, second and third choices.

They are racked with FOMO.:frustrated:

All that's left is GS Drac 2.

Ego demands victory so they bid their stimmy checks.

Honestly, I'm too scared to place punishment bids, unless it's for a book I want. With my luck, I'll try to punish people on the only books they don't bid again for, and I wind up paying five figures for books I do not want and can't resell at even half-cost.

I have some questions for those who use comic connect. Haven't used that site in a few years so I forget how things work. How do you know how much the shipping charge will be for either raw books or graded? Plus don't any of the raw books have the picture of the back cover anymore? Can you get the pics of the back or is it a hassle? Thanks.

3 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I have some questions for those who use comic connect. Haven't used that site in a few years so I forget how things work. How do you know how much the shipping charge will be for either raw books or graded? Plus don't any of the raw books have the picture of the back cover anymore? Can you get the pics of the back or is it a hassle? Thanks.

Last raw I bought in January was $16.34 post office on Metropolis, probably the same.

17 hours ago, vheflin said:

Last raw I bought in January was $16.34 post office on Metropolis, probably the same.

Really? Thats totally crazy. If you just want to buy a cheapo $30 dollar book you will pay 50% more to ship. Is there any combined shipping on these sites?

ComicLink question -

Let's say I won some comics at auction. But I also want to buy some books off their Exchange. To save a little $, will I be able to pay for them both on one invoice? Is that an option that I'm not seeing, or do I have to wait until Monday and call them?

Now let's say that I won some books at auction (same as last time), but this time, instead of buying some books outright on the Exchange, I want to make a few offers. How will that work? (my goal here is to combine all wins [auction & Exchange] to save on shipping)