• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,471 posts in this topic

I'd wait until Monday to call and let them know that you want to combine shipping for your wins/buys if they haven't sent you an invoice. I'm sure it's not a problem for them to accommodate your books into one shipping bill.

I don't know how long they can hold your won books for if you're trying to make offers on others. That definitely needs a phone call or email to ask. 

3 hours ago, Gaard said:

ComicLink question -

Let's say I won some comics at auction. But I also want to buy some books off their Exchange. To save a little $, will I be able to pay for them both on one invoice? Is that an option that I'm not seeing, or do I have to wait until Monday and call them?

Now let's say that I won some books at auction (same as last time), but this time, instead of buying some books outright on the Exchange, I want to make a few offers. How will that work? (my goal here is to combine all wins [auction & Exchange] to save on shipping)

Clink are very accommodating when it comes to shipping, I live in the UK and phone them up after each win, be it auction or exchange, they ask if I want them held or shipped, can't fault them when it comes to this. 

I have been very impressed with the offerings of late on Comiclink. Pretty great sales results and plenty to chose from, I have filled a few holes on some off the radar books, but.

It really seems like this year they are further drawn out. I was looking at what I had left to close out on to  see when I could close out and get a check on the road and I have bids on items still yet to close until 4-9. I know if it is not broken no need to fix it, but the window seems pretty long. I get the last week are not record breaking books, but if those were closing when no other house was running they would have more attention I would think. I have done well on those last couple days in the past, but this market has closed that gap quickly. If the book was for instance Xmen 4, why not let them all hit at the same time, then the energy the higher grades bring could bleed into the lower graded ones. Again, I know they have plenty of data and know what they are doing, just with no shows and the buying frenzy seems they would take advantage of all factors.

Edited by PKJ

On 3/25/2021 at 5:38 AM, Funnybooks said:
On 3/25/2021 at 5:35 AM, IronMan_Cave said:

What price guide site do you guys use? I use GoCollect, and ComicLink auction results pretty much destroyed the prices over there for a good 20-40%

Price guides seems to matter less these days as prices escalate almost daily it seems...Gpa is the standard...tread carefully

Well, pretty hard to be the standard when your site doesn't include any of the CL Auction results since they appear to be setting quite a few records with some of their individual auction results.  hm  (shrug)

On 3/25/2021 at 10:05 AM, pickycollector said:
On 3/25/2021 at 9:51 AM, JazzMan said:

This is what I think happened:

Bidder 1 bid a very high amount, let's say $2,000.  They thought that this way they secured the book no matter what.  He counted on nobody bidding an outlandish amount.

Bidder 2 comes in, sees a price that they see as soft and places a snipe bid of $1,100 (maybe thinking it's an FF Annual 2 and not GS FF 2).

Bidder 1 has a higher bid entered already, and the automatic increment kicks in and the final hammer price is $1,200.  Two haphazard bidders get each other in trouble.  I don't think it's because they thought the comic was worth it or on speculation.

I didn't know you could snipe on Comiclink (shrug)

On 3/25/2021 at 10:09 AM, JazzMan said:

The countdown timer is there and you can place a bid while it's winding down to zero.  It doesn't add time like in some other auction houses.  I have lost many, many times within the last 5-10 seconds of the auction.

In 100% agreement with the first poster here in terms of his analysis as to what has taken place.  (thumbsu

I am quite sure that you can use an auction sniping program on CL because the overwhelming majority of their record prices that they get are from 2 Hail Mary bids with usually 5 to 7 seconds left in an auction.  Since these 2 bids are usually well above any other previous bids with scant seconds left in an auction, it's probably just 2 bidders out there thinking that there won't be another fool out there who will bid this kind of number, and yet there usually is somebody else also thinking the exact same thing.  doh!

I just noticed that on the "My Bids" page on ComicLink I can now sort out items I'm winning/have previously won--is that a new feature? I can also sort out by each auction, which I couldn't do before.

1 hour ago, bpc3qh said:

I just noticed that on the "My Bids" page on ComicLink I can now sort out items I'm winning/have previously won--is that a new feature? I can also sort out by each auction, which I couldn't do before.

I'm pretty sure that's been there all along. 

EDIT: List is updated to include buyer premium

AF15 CGC7.5 = 156K

ASM1 CGC9.2 = 150K

AVE1 CGC9.2 = 63K

BATMAN1 CGC5.0 = 360K

CA100 CGC9.9 = 65K

DD1 CGC9.6 = 150K

DC227 CGC9.4 = 138K

FF1 CGC9.0 = 264K

FF1 CGC8.5 = 132K

FF5 CGC9.4 = 138K

FF12 CGC9.4 = 31.2K

FF50 CGC9.6 = 28.8K

FF52 CGC9.6 = 50.4K

JIM83 CGC9.0 = 87K

SC4 CGC8.0 = 78K

TOS39 CBCS9.4 = 132K

TMNT1 CGC 9.6 = 66K

WW1 CGC6.5 = 58.8K

XMEN1 CGC8.5 = 78K

XMEN94 CGC9.8 = 63K

Edited by IronMan_Cave

7 hours ago, IronMan_Cave said:

Heritage Platinum Auction results (before commission)

AF15 CGC7.5 = 130K

ASM1 CGC9.2 = 125K

AVE1 CGC9.2 = 52.5K

BATMAN1 CGC5.0 = 300K

CA100 CGC9.9 = 65K

DD1 CGC9.6 = 125K

DC227 CGC9.4 = 115K

FF1 CGC9.0 = 220K

FF1 CGC8.5 = 110K

FF5 CGC9.4 = 115K

FF12 CGC9.4 = 26K

FF50 CGC9.6 = 24K

FF52 CGC9.6 = 42K

JIM83 CGC9.0 = 72.5K

SC4 CGC8.0 = 65K

TOS39 CBCS9.4 = 110K

TMNT1 CGC 9.6 = 55K

WW1 CGC6.5 = 49K

XMEN1 CGC8.5 = 65K

XMEN94 CGC9.8 = 52.5K

What's the buyer's premium these days? 20% on top?