• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,451 posts in this topic

I was going through the ComicLink books I was watching and didn't win (which was all of them). This one seemed odd.

Is there anything significant about this book? I love the cover but I wouldn't have expected it to go that high even if it was a 9.8

Giant Dracula.jpg

18 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:

Have do you access auction results from the recent comic connect april 16-20 auction?

I was wondering the same thing...I bid on a few books and was tracking a few others, and lost visibility to all of them as their auctions ended...

On 4/14/2021 at 12:25 PM, BriD. said:

I was going through the ComicLink books I was watching and didn't win (which was all of them). This one seemed odd.

Is there anything significant about this book? I love the cover but I wouldn't have expected it to go that high even if it was a 9.8

Giant Dracula.jpg

No. And there 8 9.8s out there. This one is puzzling to me as well.

2 hours ago, pickycollector said:

Daredevil #12 CGC 9.0 sold for $726?!!:whatthe:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/901468

Did I miss some recent information?

The only things I can think of are the first Romita art on Daredevil and the Ka-Zar appearance, neither of which should cause this book to pop that much?

This market is just :ohnoez:

On 4/14/2021 at 12:25 PM, BriD. said:

Giant Dracula.jpg

19 hours ago, electricprune said:

No. And there 8 9.8s out there. This one is puzzling to me as well.

The theory from page 65 of this here thread is that two bidders both put in kamikaze bids and one got a nasty surprise.

1 hour ago, vheflin said:

The theory from page 65 of this here thread is that two bidders both put in kamikaze bids and one got a nasty surprise.

Thanks for this. I scrolled through the thread before I posted and missed it

Is anybody here going to be celebrating their big win for this CGC 9.8 graded copy of GSXM 1 here at the same time tomorrow night:  hm  :taptaptap:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dgiant%2Dsize%2Bx%2Dmen%2B1%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1476308&id=1476308&itemType=0#detail

00000191698000110968021001.jpg

Currently sitting at only a meagre $42K and a relative steal, as compared to the $67.9K in the last CL Focus Auction about a long long month ago or the $60K that an equivalent graded copy sold for on CC just a couple of weeks ago. 

Edited by lou_fine

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Is anybody here going to be celebrating their big win for this CGC 9.8 graded copy of GSXM 1 here at the same time tomorrow night:  hm  :taptaptap:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dgiant%2Dsize%2Bx%2Dmen%2B1%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1476308&id=1476308&itemType=0#detail

00000191698000110968021001.jpg

Currently sitting at only a meagre $42K and a relative steal, as compared to the $67.9K in the last CL Focus Auction about a long long month ago or the $60K that an equivalent graded copy sold for on CC just a couple of weeks ago. 

Something tells me that price is gonna jump at the end...

20 hours ago, lou_fine said:

11 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

Something tells me that price is gonna jump at the end...

Well, hopefully some sense of sanity is returning to this marketplace as this copy of GSXM 1 in the same equivalent CGC 9.8 and OW/W PQ only took a small little hop at the end as it finished up at only $47K:  (thumbsu

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dgiant%2Dsize%2Bx%2Dmen%2B1%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1476308&id=1476308&itemType=0

Touching on $21K lower than the last copy that sold on CL about a month ago and about $13K lower than the copy that sold on CC a couple of weeks ago. (shrug)

I wonder if all of these new money players entering this marketplace just got wind of the newly designated The Promise Collection pedigree that's about to hit the auction block and figure that it's probably a smarter play to pick up a CGC 9.8 graded copy of an much older and HTF  GA book at a lower price point.  Especially when they are most likely going to be the single highest graded copy by a long shot, as opposed to picking up a GSXM 1 or any other BA key in 9.8 when there's hundreds of other in equivalent highest grade condition and several more hundreds knocking right on its doorstep at CGC 9.6.  hm   :cloud9: