• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,477 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2024 at 2:06 PM, greggy said:

Thanks for not bidding on my Hugga Bunch #1.  I'll remember that for the future. :sumo:

oh wait? you were selling and not buying :cry: snap :cheers:

On 4/5/2024 at 2:21 PM, F For Fake said:

My upgrade plan was a success! This is one of my all-time favorite books. I had a nice raw that I had graded a couple of years ago, paid $360 for it several years back, and it came back 9.4 when I slabbed it. Prices kept going up and up on this book, and then went really nuts when it was announced that a Netflix series was in the works.

A short time later, the market started to cool, and then the announcement came that the Netflix show had been scrapped. Suddenly, prices were in free fall.

So, I decided to sell my 9.4 for what I could get (turned out to be $1100, well short of the heights it had hit, but considerably more than I'd paid for it) and wait for another copy.

Won this 9.6 at CLink for $900-ish. I'm pleased. I'm never going to pay what a 9.8 would cost, so this will be my keeper copy.

Primer 2.jpg

I could talk your ear off about Grendel and all the early B&W Comico stuff. I grabbed my 9.8 Primer #2 years ago on eBay I think for $800 which was INSANE amount of money at that time for me. LOL. Great grab on the 9.6!

On 4/5/2024 at 3:06 PM, greggy said:

Thanks for not bidding on my Hugga Bunch #1.  I'll remember that for the future. :sumo:

I bid! I just didn't bid enough! I have seen the error of my ways, and will never again underestimate the power of The Bunch.

On 4/5/2024 at 7:12 PM, grendel013 said:

I could talk your ear off about Grendel and all the early B&W Comico stuff. I grabbed my 9.8 Primer #2 years ago on eBay I think for $800 which was INSANE amount of money at that time for me. LOL. Great grab on the 9.6!

Wow, good on you for having the foresight on the 9.8 Primer! I bought my raw several years ago, and always thought it had a shot at 9.6, which would have been good enough. Finally got around to subbing and it came back 9.4. Probably should have been looking for a 9.8 those many years ago, but they don't exactly grow on trees!

Grendel is the best. Of course, I clearly don't need to tell you that!

On 4/6/2024 at 10:31 PM, asteroid-comix said:

Probably didn't need it, have other high grade copies, but thought it was pretty... :x

image.thumb.png.5eb67ecc620d50410ffd436c268dc9a4.png

Nice, I'm hunting a 9.2, that and GL 76 about the only two big keys I have left in Bronze.

On 4/22/2024 at 7:02 PM, batman_fan said:

Are prices a little soft on CLINK today?

Perhaps a bit…but rock solid compared to another venue I used recently. Good lord I left a lot of money on the table. :p

On 4/22/2024 at 10:02 PM, batman_fan said:

Are prices a little soft on CLINK today?

The small number of books I was chasing were not soft at all. I guess it depends on what a person is after.