• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,470 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

$30. Next bidder will take it but I won one like this at last auction for $30. If I win it, I’ll pay and have them hold it until I find something on the exchange or a subsequent auction. Their next is an event auction though and I’m not in that class of buyers.

I usually get stuck every other auction  -  $30 book  -  $20 postage. lol

1 hour ago, paperheart said:

do you have an incantation while cracking them out? like "begone Satan?"

I'll tell you, with the new slabs, I'm nervous, and trying not to bleed too much.  I suppose I should start wearing leather gloves when I do it, but it is hard to do fine work with those on.

At least most of the old slabs could be reused on other books.  The new ones are usually a pile of shards, when I'm done, and fit only for the landfill.

11 minutes ago, JakeM said:

It ain't the prettiest, but this CC win completes my ASM run from AF 15, and ASM 1-700 (I'm sure we have more after that, but I haven't bothered to check).

Time to focus on some upgrades and other runs. :) 

ama1.37119_1.jpg

That run might have seemed insurmountable lol

But you did it! Not a shabby 3.0 of an early ASM 1st app a'tall ^^

Hope You Have Success with upgrades  :tink:

On 5/1/2020 at 9:49 PM, lizards2 said:

:banana:  this was an eBay win, but dammit, I want to show it off, cause it's a beaut!!! :banana: 

The back cover is completely white and clean - extra props!!!!

DP96CGC92.jpg

DP96CGC92bc.jpg

Love Doom Patrol! Beautiful copy! 

@lizards2

Hey, glad to see my old copy found a new home. I always thought this was a great cover and felt this one was under graded as it has fantastic eye appeal. I considered sending it back in for a re-grade, but then I found a 9.4 copy I really liked so I let this one go to auction. Congratulations! This is the first time I've seen one of my books pop up on this thread.

OAAW191cgc9.0.jpg

Well, Shazam!  I actually won something from Heritage, and after the premiums and fees and taxes I managed to not pay through the nose!

B993DC1D-8470-40FC-B160-700164D09B05.jpeg.42f57be2b2d665143085ce5913e37631.jpeg

C7B0E6D4-1BE8-4D75-855E-A742E82C35A7.jpeg.a8495b9464b7d5b9593fc2f7f271882c.jpeg

I wasn’t ecstatic about the presentation of either of these (really hoping that spine stress on the #43 is being highlighted by the scanner light) but the current bid on the last day was such that I had to go for it. At the very least these fill a couple of holes. 

I wouldn’t say I got a smoking deal, but the price I paid for both is about what I’ve been paying for a single 9.6 from this part of the run, so it’s kind of like getting the #46 for free. 

I would have preferred a 9.6 on the #46 but the 9.6 copy in the last Clink auction went for $215. Not sure why as it wasn’t highest-graded, a file copy, pedigree, and the presentation was just ok.  So I can probably live with this 9.4. 

On 4/28/2020 at 11:26 PM, lizards2 said:

I usually get stuck every other auction  -  $30 book  -  $20 postage. lol

I rectify this to make sure that I grab something that I can flip and make at least a $20-$30 profit off of to make the shipping cost easier to swallow. 

I just sold my Postage Justification from  last a couple of months ago earlier this week. 

People talk about buying the book and not the slab and that's something I adhere to as well and wanted to talk about a specific win.

Before I regret not buying this while it was still affordable (granted, it may still be affordable for years), I wanted to get the first Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle I knew best.

But the paper Charlton used tends to yellow really easily.

Here are copies I had bid on previously and lost, for instance:

Item #48932443 Front Cover: Captain Atom #83 CBCS 8.5

and another which is worse (but still a good looking book if you ignore the colour)
Item #51069642 Front Cover: Captain Atom #83 VG 4.0

Anyways, this is the copy I won on cc's auction yesterday:

cap15.247a.jpg

I much prefer the gloss and colours on that one compared to the CBCS 8.5 and the fact that this cost me $343 instead of $449 (which is what the 8.5 above went for)  is even better.

Edited by William-James88